Friday, December 19, 2008

Whoa, slow down!!!

I'm on holidays, life should have slowed down...but it hasn't!!!!!!!!!
Let me recap-
Sunday was the girls' dance concert and it was fabulous! We (Adam, Mum, Aunty Lorraine & myself) sat in the audience and watched the matinee show and I must say- I had tears in my eyes. The whole show was fantastic but I only had eyes for my girls. I thought they danced superbly. Proud, proud Mumma here!!
I helped in the dressing rooms during the evening show and was able to get some photos- here are some of my favourites. Some are taken at home before we left and some are taken backstage.

Emma's hip hop costume.

Sarah's tap costume.

Emma's tap costume. How cute is she???


Sarah's hip hop costume.

Ninja Sarah (acrobatics)

Ninja Emma & Ninja Grace.


Sarah & Kait.


Sarah & Grace. (jazz costume)

Emily, Grace & Sarah.

Casey & Emma. (jazz costume)

We arrived home about 10:30 Sunday night extremely tired. My gorgeous little dancers just flopped into bed and were asleep almost immediately.
Unfortunately for them, they had to be up and off to school first thing in the morning. I had to go to work so they had to go to school. Good news however- Emma got the teacher I had my fingers crossed for!!!YAY!!! She also managed to get a good lot of her friends in her class as well- double YAY!!! I knew before hand Sarah's teachers. She has a tandem- a male and a female teacher and she's happy, so I'm happy. Grace is in her class again next year- that will mean that Grace and Sarah have been in the same class for their entire primary school life- amazing huh?

Tuesday- My Pre-Primary had their end of year graduation. Even thought it wasn't one of my work days I went in anyway. Everything ran smoothly and I was able to sneak away and join Kim, Lian and Sally for a delicious lunch at Bambinos. I love catching up with girlfriends- it's so good for the soul!
After we picked the kids up from school, several of us took our kids down the foreshore for ice cream to celebrate their last day of school. Emma didn't come as she went with Kira to basketball training however she rang a little later to say that training had been cancelled and she was having a play at Kira's. Eventually I made it to Kira's house and Jody twisted my arm to stay for a Christmas drink. Oh man- it was nearly 7pm before we arrived home!
Wednesday- I had to go to work -my last day before holidays YAY. Sarah had arranged to spend the day at Kait's and Emma came to Pre-Primary with me to help out. When I went back to collect Sarah after school, the girls had convinced Leanne to let Sarah sleep over so I only came home with one child.
Thursday- I did housework in the morning and then Emma and I went to meet Leanne, Kait, Sarah and 14 other kids for Kait's birthday party. The kids all had lunch at Hungry Jacks and then went to see Madagascar 2. Kait's older sister and her friend looked after all the kids during the movie so the Mums went to Bambinos for lunch- again!!!!
After the movie I had to take Sarah straight to another party! Man, this girl has a better social life than me!!! I eventually picked Sarah up a 6pm and my girls and I decided to hit the shops for a bit of retail therapy. We all managed to score some new clothes. I got myself two very nice tops from Esprit. The pattern on one of the tops reminds me of October Afternoon paper! We all came home happy!
Friday - the girls and I have spent today at my school's Christmas party. It was held on a farm down at Lake Clifton. It was a bit of a hike to get there but we had a ball. Good food, good company, good wine, Santa made an appearance for the kids, the adults played a stealing Secret Santa game, the kids swam in the pool- all great fun.
We had to leave just after 3 so we could be back for basketball at 4:30. Both girls played tonight- their last game until school goes back- YAY!

So...you can see how busy I've been! I'm on holidays- life is meant to be slowing down- arrrrggghhh!
I have done some scrapping but haven't photographed it. One of the LOs I've done was for Leeann Pearce's online doodling class over a t Scrapboxx. I missed most of the class on the actual night as I was on the phone however it was easy enough to catch up. Will post soon!
Tomorrow is a little quieter- nothing planned for the morning however Emma has a ten pin bowling party in the afternoon. Hmm, maybe I'll get some more scrapping done!!!!

Anyway I've rambled on enough.
I hope your week has been wonderful too!
Only six more sleeps until the jolly man arrives!!
Stay safe,
Love Janine xxx

No comments: