Saturday, December 13, 2008

Time for an update...

Oh man.....only 12 days now until the big man in red comes!!!

Firstly- Dad's operation went very smoothly and according to plan! He had his kidney removed due to a cancerous growth contained within the kidney however all went very well and Dad was released from hospital Thursday afternoon- much to everyone's surprise. When he and Mum arrived at my house on Thursday afternoon I was stunned at how good he looked. He said he was a little sore but otherwise fine! Mum & Dad have returned home to Bunbury. Thanks to all who send warm wishes- they are greatly appreciated!
The King house has have yet another busy week. Friday was a bit crazy. I sent the girls off to school for the morning then proceeded to run around madly doing all the jobs I had to do. I then picked Em up from pool at noon (school swimming lessons) and washed and conditioned her hair (at the pool). I then zipped back to school to collect Sarah and we zoomed home so I could do their hair and make up ready to be in Mandurah for a 2pm start. Normally our dance concert rehearsals are on the morning of the concert however this year there will be two concerts instead of one, so rehearsals had to be on a separate day. I took two other chickadees down with me and I stayed to be a back stage dresser. Mostly things ran smoothly. A few girls turned up minus costumes, shoes or without hair and make up done- what????? I took my camera with me hoping to get some shots however only managed a handful as we were pretty busy.
Emma in her jazz costume.
Grace, Sarah & Emily in their jazz costume.
I'm hoping I get a lot more photos tomorrow (concert day).
Poor Em started to fade out towards the end of rehearsals- it was hot and one of her costumes in particular is extremely hot. I'll have to make sure I send plenty of fluids along for her tomorrow as the temp is meant to reach 35!!!!
In other news- GGGRRRR we have some very unwelcome visitors in our house.... NITS!
Yuk! I was brushing Sarah's hair on Thursday night and when I put the brush on the bench a nasty little critter fell on to the bench- YUKKO! Poor Sarah- she's had one crazy Mumma going through every inch of her hair. Mind you- with the amount of hair product and hair spray going into her hair for the dance concerts- hopefully nothing will survive!!!! Luckily the rest of the house is nit-free.
I am one very proud Mumma. Both my girls bought home fantastic school reports. I know this sounds terrible but I expect Sarah's to be outstanding and it was. She is just that sort of child. She is a high achiever and her report reflects that however I was especially touched (nearly teary) by the general comment written by her teachers. I can see that they too can see the child that shines, that I see.
Emma (whom I'm very careful not to compare with Sarah) received a fabulous report. All her marks are either 'at target' or 'above target'. Her comment was equally glowing. She has had the most wonderful teacher this term and has blossomed. I have no complaints about her previous teacher however this new one 'nurtures' the children and Emma responds so positively to that. I have been told which teachers Sarah will be having next year so now I have my fingers, toes, arms, legs, everything crossed that Emma gets a teacher that will 'nurture' her so she can continue to blossom. We find out the 2009 teacher on Monday!!!
Finally- I have been scrapping! I haven't finished the project that I'm working on but I'll share soon- promise!
Have a great day!
Love Janine xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janine I am so glad to hear that everything went well with your dad. I hope he is takeing it easy and fully recovering.
take care
Love Maursie xo

Kylie M said...

Hi Janine,

Really please to hear that your Dad is doing well.

Nourishing Teacher do make a difference to the childs schooling, Jayden's report was fabulous and he has come out of his shell this term and is the little boy that I know he can be.

Have a good week and hope the concerts went well.

Kylie

On my way... said...

Congrats to Emma and Sarah for their school reports, and don't they look so cute in their outfits for dance!

Looking forward to seeing your scrapping creations....got my December Tarisota collection the other day, so while Clay's napping Im gonna dig in and see what I got!

xx