Sunday, December 07, 2008

18 days until Santa!!

I swear Christmas comes around quicker and quicker each year!!! LOL!!

OK- where to start??
Last weekend Sarah played in the U12 State Basketball Championships at Perry Lakes Stadium.
Adam went with her on Saturday. The team had three games and they were thrilled to win the first two however they went down in the third game.
I went up with Sarah on Sunday and unfortunately they lost both of their games so they didn't make the finals. Not to worry- they gained awesome game experience and I'm sure the girls will all be back next year to try again! Here they are- looking exhausted after their last game!


Tuesday Dec 2nd. The girls and I put our Christmas tree up. Taa daa...

Each year they girls get a new Hallmark decoration to add to the tree. Here are this year's selection!

Sarah's very cute nutcracker. His mouth even opens & shuts!

Emma's very sweet Cinderella. :)
Sarah's collection of Nutcrackers came out as well. She loves them and each year manages to collect a few more.


Scrapping news-
Scrapping Outback have been having Christmas classes. You must complete each class by a certain deadline to receive the next class.
Here is week 1's lesson- a gorgeous gift bag and card.

Week 2- a mini calender for your purse or wallet.

Front cover.

Inside.
Week 3- this is actually a frame however I converted mine into a LO. Check out the cool stamping/inking technique we did for the background!!!


I haven't finished week 4 yet but will upload when I do!

Yesterday I took my girls to see High School Musical 3. Hmmm I maybe 40 but I LOVED IT!!! We all thought it was awesome. The cinema were selling the CD soundtrack so I bought it and we have been bopping away to the soundtrack in the car!!!

I managed to take this dodgy photo in front of the HSM3 picture however with the window in the background it made it much too exposed but you can see it enough!!

I have been busy today. I've been scrapping but sorry I can't share. I've also finished off all the sewing that I had to do for the girls' dance concert which is next weekend. I still have to buy tights, black socks and some tan tap shoes for Sarah. It is all on my monstrous to-do-list!!!

One quick photo before I go-


How cute are these!!! Each year the girls give their friends a Chrissy decoration on their Christmas card. Here are Sarah's decorations to give to her friends. She had them sitting on the kitchen bench. They looked so cute I just had to take a photo!!!

Anyway- have a great week. Please say a prayer for my Dad- he will be having a kidney removed on Tuesday so any spare 'speedy recovery' wishes- please send his way!
Take care,
Love Janine xxx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Miss Janine you have been busy.
Well done to all the basketballers - sounds like they did a great job.
I LOVE those little chrissy decorations on the bench - way too cute!!!!
Big hugs and special thoughts for your dad - I hope all goes well.
Take care
Maursie xoxo

Nic said...

You have been busy... gorgeous work you've been creating!
definately speedy wishes for your Dad... hope all went well and he's up and ready to celebrate christmas!

Julie said...

Just saying hi Janine!!
I think the older we get the quicker Xmas comes around LOL!!
Love your DD's collection of nutcrackers.
Thanks for dropping by my blog too!
Merry Christmas!! xx

Mardi said...

Janine....all the best wisheS for you Dad...I hope all goes well..
Mardi x

On my way... said...

Well done to your girls! Like you said, it's all good experience, and so long as they have fun :)

Gorgeous scrapping, u have been so busy, love all the cards too.

How is your father going? do hope everything went well?

xx

Ally said...

only 18 days???? far out I need to get myself into gear lol!

Love these creations!!!
I hope your dad is ok for Christmas ;)

Hugs
Alice