Monday, December 29, 2008

361 days until Christmas....

Well, Christmas 08 is all done and dusted but what a fabulous time we had!
Sarah was the first awake, just after 6am, she woke Emma and then they were in waking Adam and I. Hmm, bit early for my liking however we got up but, mean me, wouldn't let them start opening pressies until we had a cuppa made and I'd taken some photos in front of the tree!!
All that done- the opening frenzy began!!!

Both girls were spoilt beyond belief and were, quite rightfully, very pleased with their acquired stash!!! I was spoilt too- my favourite being a new gold bead for my Pandora bracelet!!!

I think Emma's favourite present by far were the Heelys that the King family bought for her (Sarah got a pair too!)!
LOL- I think she would sleep in them if I let her!

Heelying in her PJ's!

Now dressed but still with the Heelys on!!!

After the present opening frenzy has finished, we had breakfast and then let the girls play with their goodies! Usually we pack up and rush off to Bunbury for Christmas lunch at one of our family's houses but not this year!!! We stayed home for lunch so the girls were able to actually play with lots of their presents!!!

Look at this girl- too busy playing one of her new DS games, she wouldn't even look up for a photo!!!

About 4 in the afternoon we headed off to Bunbury. We went to Adam's brother's house for dinner and it was wonderful. Most of Adam's family were there and some of Cherie's family (SIL) so there were a heap of us to celebrate. Of course the girls were spoilt with even more Christmas presents and we all ate ourselves silly with all the delicious food- hmm- the chilli mussels and garlic prawns were my favourite (Thanks Garth!)!!!!

We stayed in Bunbury overnight and very fortunately we all got to sleep in on Boxing Day!!! Adam organized breakfast when we all finally got up - Macca's!.... and we then we went to catch up with friends. Shane and Nat have a pool so the girls swam for most of Boxing Day while the adults ate more, drank more and socialized!!
Eventually, about 5pm, we headed home to Rockingham- all tired but very, very happy!!!

We had a lazy day on the 27th. Sarah went to Grace's, Adam and Emma went shopping- Bunnings and the supermarket, so that left me home alone to SCRAP!!!!! YAY!!!

We did however pick Sarah and Grace up in the afternoon and we all went to see Bedtime Stories- what a crack up!!! I thought it was hilarious even though I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan- and Bugsy is just cutest!!!

Yesterday I made an attempt to put all the girls' presents away. Well that ended up in a HUGE cleaning frenzy! I first started in Sarah's room, then moved to Emma's room and I now have 6 garbage bags full of clothes to pass on the my friend's little girl and both my girls have perfectly neat wardrobes!!! Lots of other stuff went in the wheelie bin too, in fact, my bins are FULL and I have even more rubbish in bags waiting until my bin is emptied tomorrow!!! I love a good throw out- LOL!!!

Today has been quite relaxed too! Emma and I hit the shops to do some grocery shopping and picked ourselves up a few bargains at the same time!!! He he- I love a good bargain (but not enough to go to the shops on Boxing Day!!!)

I've continued my 'cleaning' today but have slowed down a bit as my bins are chockablock FULL!! Bins are emptied first thing in the morning!

I have done a bit a scrapping-

I'm loving lace card stock- can you tell!


I had to include this shot- Rusty came out to see what I was up to- so cute!!! :)

See the title of this LO- 6:36am....yes that was the time on Christmas morning that this photo was taken- far too early!!! LOL!


I made two of these calendars (Very similar)- one for Adam's 94 year old Grandma and one for Adam's Mum- I still have one to make (for my SIL Julie)- it's coming, I promise!!!
Anyway- I've rambled on enough. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas too and if you are travelling on the roads, please drive carefully- today is the 4 year anniversary of Adam's 27 year old cousin being involved in a car accident. She died the following day leaving behind a (then ) 2 and 7 year old. So, so sad.
I'll be back before the New Year so until then...stay safe!
Love Janine xxx

3 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a fab few days over Xmas Janine!!
Love all your Xmas layouts, you've been quick to get them done so soon!!...I haven't done any LOL!
Hope you have a great New Year!!

On my way... said...

Glad you had a fab Christmas Janine! The bead is gorgeous, and chilli mussels?? So jealous!

Love the lace paper you've used, and yes, 6:36am is a little early, lol.

xx

Fran said...

so Love those photos - your girls are so photogenic!
Awesome LO's too!
Have a great new years!