Saturday, October 18, 2008

Broome.

Here is my run down of our Broome holiday!

We arrived in Broome just before lunch on Friday morning and were met at the airport by our friends Sally, Karen and Karen's daughter Molly. Karen drove us back to their house (that's where we were staying) and the first thing the girls did was jump into the pool!


Murray (Karen's husband) had organized for the men (10 of them and 1 dog) to go fishing overnight so they all packed up and left. With the men gone Karen, Sally and I had a few drinks by the pool while the kids kept swimming.
Late afternoon we drove into Broome, got fish and chips for dinner and went to the open air cinema. You can see the kids laying on the rug on the grass eating their fish & chips. Karen, Sally & I sat in the deck chairs. We saw Mamma Mia, which of course was fantastic.

Saturday morning the girls (Karen, Sally, Sarah, Emma, Molly & myself) drove into town and went to this beautiful cafe on the beach for breakfast- yummo!


We then went and browsed through the markets. Check out Emma's cute butterfly tattoo. We all got one!!! Sarah got a green tree frog on her ankle. I bought a few goodies too- I love markets!


Later that afternoon we made it back to Karen's house and the kids went straight in the pool!

By then the men were back. We hung around the pool - swimming, drinking, eating and chatting.
The men had caught some big fish so we stuffed one and put it on the BBQ for dinner. YUMMO!!!
Sally made us Bloody Marys!!! I've never had one before and I was pleasantly surprised how delicious they were!

Early Sunday afternoon we drove down to the beach to meet the men who had hired a boat and gone fishing again. The kids swam, collected shells and played in the sand while the adults (again) ate, drank and were merry!!!

I swam at this beach and the water was so warm that I didn't really want to get out. I was in the water for well over an hour because it was so nice. The kids swam for hours!!!

On our way back home we drove around to some of the tourist spots.

Look at these striking colours. This is near where the dinosaur foot prints are.

Sally made the best curry for dinner and yet again we swam, ate and drank!!!

Karen had to go to work on Monday so she gave us her 4WD. The men were tired from all their fishing so they decided to stay at home with the boys (Karen & Murray's two boys- Jackson & Campbell). Sally, Sarah. Emma, Molly and I went shopping!!! We wandered through all the shops in Chinatown and through several shopping centres. I love shopping!!!
Later Monday afternoon we all went camel riding. I was so looking forward to this and I wasn't disappointed. Camel riding along Cable Beach at sunset- bliss!!!
I took heaps of photos but this is one of my favourites- our shadows on the beach with the moon in the sky behind.

Adam took this one. He was on the camel in front of Sarah & I. Check out how cute our camel is!!! Look at her long eyelashes!!!

After our camel ride we all went out to dinner at a local restaurant. More eating and drinking- LOL!!!

Tuesday - we just relaxed and hung around until it was time to be dropped off at the airport. We flew home (after our flight was delayed- grr) and arrived home in time to have a quick bite to eat, a shower and then we all crashed into bed- exhausted but very, very happy!!!

Sadly on Wednesday morning we all had to get up and go off to work and school.

So that was our Broome holiday- we loved it and I so wished it was longer.
Back soon with all of my Fiskars October photo challenge photos!!!
Love Janine xxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome holiday Miss Janine. I am glad you all had a great time. Love the shadow photo - and I guess for a camel she is good looking LOL.
Cheers
Maursie xoxo

Fran said...

Love those pics you lucky chicky!!!
See you on the weekend?

Fran xx

On my way... said...

Looks like an absolutely fabulous holiday Janine!! Got some gorgeous snaps!!

xx