Saturday, September 13, 2008

Phew- what a week!!!

What a full-on week we have had!!!
Let's recap-
Monday- we had a very yukky incident at school- quite fortunately not directly involving me however it occurred in our Pre Primary centre. Our PP centre is very open, two classrooms with shared toilets and a kitchen in the middle and the ugly incident happened in the other PP so due to the openness of the centre, myself and my students could hear what was going on- I can't go into it too much but it involved a very angry parent, lots of shouting and choice language, crying children and gob smacked teachers. Not nice at all.
My day improved however when Emma came out of jazz later in the afternoon- my clever little chookie was awarded Honours for her jazz exam and received a gold medal- proud Mumma!!!

Tuesday- my school had their open night from 3:20 until 5:20 and my girls' school also had their open night (5:00- 7:30) - I left home at 7:50 that morning, taught all day, stayed for my open night then shot straight across to the girls' school, to their open night-phew!!!! It actually was alright, my open night went very smoothly and the open night at the girls' school was fantastic.

Sarah and her two gorgeous friends, Grace and Beth performed a song. Sarah and Grace played their clarinets and Beth played her flute and I know I'm bias...but they were sensational!!! Proud Mumma again!!!
Emma danced with the Junior Dance Troupe, the same dance that they danced in August at the Performing Arts Festival- they too were magnificent. Still a proud Mumma!!!

Wednesday- the day went okay until after school one of the Mums came back into the PP (we had already dismissed the children) to tell me that another mother had had a go at her (verbally) about a school related incident- arrrrr, what is it with some parents.

So on Thursday morning I have to ring the mother involved and sort out/calm down the situation- just what I needed to start the day- NOT!!!!

After that Thursday and Friday actually ran quite smoothly- yay!!!

Over the past few nights I have been doing this LO-
It is actually done on a transparency. I have been wanting to do one of these pages for ages so, taa daa....

I had so much fun with this LO!! Here is a close up of the cute little birdie!!!


Wooo hoo- three wonderful ladies have all awarded me the same award! Thank you so much Kim, Maursie and Kathleen!!!


The rules for the award are -
(1) The winner can put the logo on their blog.
(2) Link the person you received your award from.
(3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
(4) Put links of those on yours.
(5) Leave a message on the blogs of the girls or boys you’ve nominated

So....I award this on to- (in no particular order)
Petrina-
Nic P-
Kylie-
Belinda-
Mel-
Mel-
Megan-
....all because I love seeing what they are creating on the scrapping front and I also like to keep up with what they are up too - oh sound like a stalker don't I?????

Anyway, I really must go- the girls and I are off to their netball wind up!!!

Have fun and stay safe!
Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Melissa Goodsell said...

Gosh it sounds like you've been super busy! I really adore the layout, it's gorgeous.
Thanks for award,
Melx

Belinda Venables said...

Thanks so much for the award Janine. :D

LOVE the layout - so sweet!

Enjoy your week.

Belinda
xx