Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a great day!

Today Kim and I took our girls plus an extra (Emily and Sarah's friend Hayley) to The Da Vinci Machines Exhibition. We met at the train station and took the train into Perth. Quite fortunately the shops were open so we did a bit of shopping before we went and had some lunch. After lunch and a bit more shopping (Oh I love shopping!!) we walked down to Langley Park for the exhibition. It was great- lots of interesting things to look at, things to touch and play with and things to built. We spent a good few hours there looking, playing and building!!! Here are some random shots -

*Outside the exhibition.
*Em and Taylah playing with some pulleys.

*Emily, Sarah & Hayley after they had built the smaller version of the bigger bridge behind them.
*Flying the parachutes that they had made!
After we left we made a stop in here- The Ye Olde Lolly Shoppe- yummo!!! I bought myself a bag of popping candy- do you remember popping candy!!!!! LOL!
It was such an enjoyable day. These five all got on so well- gorgeous little cuties!!! *Here they are all lined up on the train platform waiting for the return train!!
Thanks Kim, Emily, Taylah and Hayley- we had a fantastic day!!!
I also have some scrapping to share. I'm still working on my week four LO for Scrapping Outback's Chipboard school- we have an extension this week until Wednesday however we were given a weekend assignment. It wasn't compulsory to do but I did it and boy did I have fun!!! We had to complete a project that had a quote on it!! I started my LO Friday night and finished it last night. We didn't have to use any chipboard techniques but I loved Sandra's graduated colour technique from week one so much- I used it again!
The LO is actually circular, I have just put it on a piece of white card stock to photograph it.
Here is a close up- the butterfly wings are grunge board which I have used the graduated colour technique on. I have then used a HS clear butterfly and placed it over the top (bent up) to give a 3D effect. I was really pleased with how this LO turned out!!!
That is about it for today. It is Sunday night which means I have uniforms to iron. Woo hoo- only two weeks left until school holidays (not that I'm counting!!!)
Have a wonderful week. Stay safe.
Love Janine xxx

3 comments:

memememememe said...

Ohhh... how lovely!! The butterfly is just gorgeous.

Cheers
Vicki xx

On my way... said...

Gorgeous LO Janine! I love the graduated chipboard letters, they do look fantastic :)

Looks like you had fun at the expo - kinda wish I'd gone now! Lol

Kat
xx

On my way... said...

Gorgeous LO Janine! I love the graduated chipboard letters, they do look fantastic :)

Looks like you had fun at the expo - kinda wish I'd gone now! Lol

Kat
xx