Sunday, September 21, 2008

5 days to go....

Woo hoo- only five more school days until the holidays (four for the girls)!!! Yippeeeee!!! Kim and I will be doing our usual holiday scrapping challenge so 'watch this space'- the challenges will be up here soon. Don't forget- anyone is most welcome to join us- in fact, the more the merrier!!!
Hey Maursie and Kylie - are you joining in again?????



Hmm, what have I been up to this week???



Thursday- Adam and I saw Taken staring Liam Neeson- OMG what a movie, very full on and eye opening (especially if you have daughters) .


Friday- Basketball- Emma's division doesn't have finals, instead they finish off the season with a round-robin competition. All the U10s were given a medal for their efforts- cute isn't she??
If you look closely- you may be able to see that she has lost another tooth. Both front top teeth are now out!!! I love it when she smile- looks as cute as a button!!!
Sarah had two games of basketball- both finals games. If they won, they proceeded to the grand final, if they lost, they were out. Unfortunately both the games she played- they lost- so there will be no basketball for us next week (yay) although we may go down and watch the finals.

Saturday night- the girls, Aunty Lorraine and I went to see Beauty and the Beast at The Regal Theatre. Aunty Lorraine came in Adam's place as he went to a 30th birthday party that we were invited to. We had a great time. We arrived in Subiaco early and went out for dinner- yummo and then on to watch the show. The show was fantastic- we all loved it. I loved Lumiere the best- he was fabulous!!!!

Sunday (today)- Mum and Dad came up here for lunch. They had some paper work that I had to read through and sign so bought lunch up with them. It was a perfect day for staying home and indoor as the weather here is overcast, miserable and windy. Mum bought up a delicious lunch so we lounged around and ate ourselves silly!!!

Mum and Dad have gone now so I've just uploaded my week 5 entry for Scrapping Outback's chipboard school. This week's teacher was Iris Babao Uy and it was all about layering on chipboard. Some of my chipboard flowers have been painted, stamped, had a decorative washer and bling added and then coated with DM. The chipboard heart had been crackled, had glitter glass added and then a crown brad added on top. I've used lots of other bits and pieces too- buttons, bling, brads, pp, glitter glaze, acrylic shaped, glitter glass, ink, paint- it was all so much fun!!!

Some close up photos-





I can't wait to see what we have to do for week 6.

Both my kiddos haven't been 100% well this week- temperatures and chesty coughs. Fortunately Panadol has been keeping it under control and both have woken up this morning much better- yay!! I don't like it when my kids are sick- I would much rather be sick myself than have them under the weather.

Enjoy your week and remember to check back for our holiday challenges.

Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in for sure Miss Janine. I am not sure how many I will get done again with work etc but will give it my best go.
If you go naughty shopping for any supplies can you give me the heads up????
Looking forward to it again.
Cheers
Maursie xoxo

On my way... said...

Gorgeous LO Janine, just love the colours you use.

A holiday scrapping challenge hey???