Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I survived Mad Monday!!!!

Firstly, thank you for all your birthday wishes!! I really did have a wonderful day!!!

Okay- on to Mad Monday!!! Why mad you ask....well, it was a crazy day with lots of things happening and I had to time everything so that we could be at everything at the right time before shooting off to the next thing!!!
The day started with me up early, making kid's lunches, getting Sarah ready for school and Emma ready, with her hair and make up done, for her Hip Hop exam. Emma had her exam, then she went with Kim by train up to the Convention Centre for rehearsals for the Catholic School concert. Sarah had her Hip Hop exam at lunch time so after Emma had gone with Kim, I picked up Sarah and her friend Grace from school and got them ready- dressed, hair and make up!! Their exam was at 12:30ish. After their exam, I took the girls back to school. Meanwhile Emma had caught the bus back to school with the rest of the dance troupe and she was having her make up done for the night's concert. I was able to take her home a bit early for a rest.

When we arrived home, Emma found a parcel in the letter box from Thea. It was the sewing swap parcel that Em had been waiting for!!! Wooo hooooo!!!
Here she is with all her gorgeous goodies (excuse the pink eye make up- that is for the concert)!!! Thanks Thea (and Petrina)- Emma loves all her beautiful goodies and can't wait to get in and start making something!!! Thank you also to Mel for organizing this super swap!!!

Taaaa daaa- here is my gorgeous Emma- looking stunning!!! I had a few minutes to spare before we shot out the door so snapped a few photos of her!
I dropped Sarah off (she stayed at Grace's for the night), picked up Adam and zipped off to catch the train to the Convention Centre.

We all arrived in plenty of time for me to snap some more photos of some gorgeous girls- adorable aren't they!!!
I was very impressed with their dance- I thought all the dance troupe danced beautifully and did a fabulous job representing their school. Proud Mumma!!

It was really late by the time we arrived home and we all went straight to bed.
Luckily for me, I didn't have to get up too early. Sarah was at Grace's so went to school from there and Emma wasn't going to school as she had another dance exam- jazz this time.
After a relaxed morning, I again did Emma's hair and make up and off we went to the dance studio. After the jazz exam, Kim and I took the little girls out for a well deserved lunch- well deserved for us as well as the girls!!!
We even had time to let Taylah and Emma have a play in the park.
So, you can see I've been busy, busy, busy!!!
LOL- I'm back to work tomorrow for a rest - LOL!!!

I'll leave you with one last photo- look at these two. This is Taylah and Emma hugging when they realized that their play time was over today and we were off to pick up the other kids. Beautiful hug isn't it- you can almost see the strength of their friendship!! BFF!!!

Have a great week.
Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Petrina McDonald said...

whoa! No wonder you called it Mad Monday!! That is out of control! But the girls do look absolutely gorgeous - no wonder you are a proud mum ;-)
Glad to see the swap parcel arrived safe and sound. I can't wait to see what wonderful creations you come up with Emma :)
Cheers, P

nic said...

pppsssst you won the paper on my blog, email me (link on my blog) with your address ASAP

nic