Sunday, July 06, 2008

YAY...holidays!!!

Woo hoo- the holidays are finally here!!!! Yeeee haaaa!!! I {heart} holidays!!!!

Not that my life has slowed down, in fact I have been as busy as ever!!! Friday night the girls still had basketball, so I braved the cold and sat through three games of basketball when I would have much rather been at home. Never mind, once I got home I had a well deserved glass of wine and scrapped my first 'holiday challenge' LO.
Here is my first challenge- K3. Create a layout using the sketch shown below.


The girls didn't have netball on Saturday morning however they still had acrobatics. After acro Grace came home with us and myself, Sarah, Emma and Grace all went off to the movies. Emma has been filling in for her friend Kira's basketball team and the team had a holiday outing so they invited Emma along.....so Sarah, Grace and I went too. We went to the movies and saw Get Smart. I enjoyed it but I think some of the jokes went over the girls' heads. After the movies we all went to Hungry Jacks for a snack!! The kids loved this and played away happily until all the parents finally dragged them away!!!
Grace slept over because Marlene and Macca were going to a 40th. We had a wonderful time playing with the new MarioKart Wii game I bought while the girls were at acro. I bought an extra steering wheel too so we spent the night racing each other- great family fun!!! I made the girls go to bed reasonably early as Grace and Sarah had to get up for a basketball carnival Sunday morning. Grrr- my normally quiet street wasn't so quiet last night. A house about five house down from me had a rather noisy party- now I'm not one to deny people a good party however there were people everywhere, walking (or rather staggering) up and down our street, past our house all the time. Bottles were being smashed on the road and the party goers were generally being a pain. Rusty kept barking at all the noisy drunks staggering by. The police were eventually called however I was awake much longer than I had anticipated.
I did manage to finish a LO while all this was going on!!!
K8. Scrap a layout using no card stock and at least two patterned papers
There are two pp on this LO- the blue one and the second is the black Rusty Pickle paper surrounding the photo.

Sunday morning I was up and organized early. I prepared a curry in the slow cooker and even made the girls home made bacon and egg muffin burgers for breakfast!! Then we were off- Sarah and Grace had to play in a basketball carnival at Willetton. They played well, winning two of their three games and only losing the third game by two goals.
Emma stayed at home with Adam and when we got back here the girls (Grace was still with me) made cup cakes. A week or so ago I bought these gorgeous silicone star shaped patty pans and the girls were itching to try them out. I let all three loose in the kitchen and they cooked up a storm. I scrapped while they cooked. They even made the icing themselves- can you tell!!!!
Do not adjust your computer- this is really the colour of the icing!!!! Despite the in-your-face colour, the cakes actually taste yummy!!!

Tonight Grace is still here- she has managed to score another sleep over so all three girls are watching Gladiators. We have eaten our scrummo yummo curry and I'm just about to top up my wine and keep scrapping!!
I hope your day is wonderful!
Be happy,
Love Janine xxx

No comments: