Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Time for an update!

Busy, busy, busy, busy!!! I've hardly had time to scratch myself in the last week but here I am, finally updating!!!
Let me go back to last week-
Thursday- I was a parent helper for Sarah's class excursion to Scitech, which was fantastic because I took my camera along!!!! We were up and organized early as the bus left the school at 8am sharp! We arrived at Scitech and went straight into a viewing at The Planetarium- WOW- this was great. The Planetarium is an indoor theatre that presents high tech multi-media shows about our night sky, the solar system and beyond. The digital projection system accurately displays stars, planets and other celestial bodies on its dome screen, allowing you to journey through space without ever leaving your seat.
After that we had morning tea and then each group could go with their parent helper and explore Scitech. I had five fantastic girls in my group and we had a ball!!! The girls behaved beautifully and I just followed along taking photos!!! Cool huh!!


Here is just one- this is Sarah playing with this air blower thing. There are so many fantastic things to see at Scitech that I think I might go back during the school holidays and spend a day there with both my girls!!! (Marlene, Kim- you interested?????)

After we explored, it was time for lunch. Then we had to head back to school...however one of the teacher heard on the radio that a whale had washed up on the beach in Safety Bay. (Safety Bay is the next suburb to the school) We diverted the bus slightly and did a bit of impromptu adventuring. Off this group of 27 kids and 6 adults went and we found the washed up whale- unfortunately it was dead but an interesting source of conversation anyway!!!

Here it is.. It was an 18 month old humpback whale which probably died from an illness and then was half eaten by killer whales and sharks. What a wonderful impromptu lesson the kids had!!! We arrived back just in time for the end of the day siren but over an hour after we were meant to!!!
Friday- I had to work on Friday and the day was fine until after school when I walked out to my car to go and collect my girls. During the day, some *&@*@* had hit my car!!! I was fuming. Across the back bumper is a lovely big scratch. Grrr, I can't believe that someone hit my car and then failed to do anything- yep, no note was left, nothing. Boy was I pi***d off. I was spitting chips. When I finally got to pick up my girls Emma greeted me with this hugest smile and an honour certificate in her hand. She was so excited that my anger just melted away. Both the girls had their reports with them and once I had read them, my whole attitude changed. The girls had received brilliant reports and really my car can be fixed so... I'm over it. But watch out whoever hit my car...I believe in KARMA!!!
Then on Friday night (after 3 games of basketball) I packed my bags ready for my mini adventure to Kalgoorlie. I'll update on my weekend away next post!!!
Monday- I managed to drag myself out of bed for school. Then that brings us to today!!! YAY- today my partner-in-crime and I went off on a scrap shopping adventure. I love days like this!!! We dropped our kids at school and then off we went. We stopped at Just Scrapbooking first for a spend up. Then we went up to Scrapbooks From The Heart for some more spending- yeee haaa!!! We also visited The Catholic Corner so I could get some things for Emma as she has her First Reconciliation next week. Then off to Carousel Shopping Centre for lunch and some more shopping!!!! I had a great day- Thanks Kim!! I have well and truly stocked up on my scrapping supplies so that this weekend Kim and I can start our holiday challenge again!! Check back in on Friday or Saturday to see our challenges this time around...and of course you are welcome to join us if you like!!!
I really must go- Adam is home from indoor cricket and I'm off to spend some time with him- I'll update you on my fantastic Kalgoorlie trip next post...promise!!!
Stay safe and stay warm!!!
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hey great minds think alike! I just saw an ad on TV for scitech and thought I might take the kids in the holidays. There is a music exhibition on - that's not what the kids saw is it??? Anyway I'm definitely up for it!