Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Kalgoorlie and Kung Fu!!

Okay, here is my mini review about my Kalgoorlie adventure!!! I crammed so much into such a short time and had very little sleep but boy was it FUN!!!Here is my oldest buddy Karen. Karen and I met at Castletown Primary School in year one. We have been friends ever since. We went to school together all through primary school and then for years 8, 9 and 10 of high school(Esperance Senior High School). At the end of year 10, Karen's family moved to Perth however we remained close friends. We have both married and have become mothers but remain certain friends.

I set the alarm for 3:45am on Saturday morning, got up and got myself organized and got to the airport about 5:30. (it takes about an hour to drive to the airport from my house) I checked in and the plane flew off at 6:15 right on schedule. My Aunty Elvie met me at the airport and I went back to her house for breakfast. After breakfast Elvie and I went into Kalgoorlie and went shopping. I bought Karen's birthday present - a voucher from LUSH (beauty/massage place) and we had a wander around the shops and did some more shopping. I had to buy some new shoes as I only had leather ballet pump type shoes on and my toes we freezing...any excuse, I know!!!
Elvie had to go to work at 11am so I borrowed her car to go and catch up with Karen. Karen, myself and three other friends went off out to lunch and we had a heap of laughs. It was so good... we reminisced about the 'old days' !!! After lunch the five of us wandered the shops and shopped some more!! I bought this most gorgeous pair of red boots- I love them!!!! They are an "I Love Billy" brand and very scrummo indeed...and they were on sale- wooo hooo!!
About 3 pm we all went our own ways and I caught back up with Elvie. Elvie took me on a tour around Kalgoorlie and Boulder. We drove past old houses where my grandparents and my parents used to live. We visited the Super Pit and finally we made it home to Elvie's.
I showered and got ready for the party and Elvie dropped me off at about 6.30.
I talked, drank, took photos, danced, laughed and reminisced ALL night. By 4pm I could stay awake no longer and headed off to bed (well the mattress on the floor in Karen's lounge room!!!) I slept like a log until Karen's gorgeous kids woke me about 7. I got up and made coffees for everyone- there were people who hadn't yet gone to bed!!!!!
Eventually I got Karen's Mum to drop me back at Elvie's about 11am and Elvie and I went off to catch up with her son, my cousin. We stay for a while and then Elvie and I went out to a great little cafe for lunch. After lunch we went to catch up with my cousin and her family. When we got there my other aunty and uncle, my other cousin and her husband and my cousin who I haven't seen since I was 17 were there. I was sssooo good to chat and catch up. I honestly could have chatted ALL night(again)!!!

Alas I had a plane to catch. Unfortunately my plane was delayed several hours but I eventually made it back to Perth and home to my wonderful family. I was extremely tired but so, so happy that I had had such a wonderful weekend and caught up with so many wonderful friends and family members!!! I have heaps on photos- both good, bad and ugly from Karen's party- I may just have to scrap her a mini album!!!!

And what made the weekend even better... when I arrived home, everything had run smoothly here and the house was clean, kids and dogs fed and husband happy- what more could I ask!!!!

Well there you go...my mini Kalgoorlie adventure, one I will remember for a long time- HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!!

Tonight (Wednesday) Adam, the girls and I went to see Kung Fu Panda!! What a fabulous movie. The school had a fun raising night at the movies and I even won a raffle prize- woo hoo -way to go!!! This is such a good movie- we all loved it.

Anyway I must go and don't forget to check back soon for Kim and my school holiday challenges- starts Friday 3pm, be there or be square!!!

Be happy and keep warm!!!
Love Janine xxx

No comments: