Thursday, July 10, 2008

Oh man, my house is quiet......

I'm kidless...... again!

The very brave Kim took my girls home with her (and her girls) this afternoon for a sleep over! All the girls were SUPER excited and I see Kim's point - the girls will all keep each other company and she'll have time to scrap- well here's hoping anyway!!! Thanks Kim- you're a gem!

So....that means my house is very quiet and very empty (DH is still at work). I may just have to scrap myself- yay!!!

I managed three more challenges yesterday as I was kidless yesterday too! During Tuesday my friend Jodie and I played phone tag, leaving message after message for each other before we finally caught up Tuesday night. Jodie invited Emma (with her daughter Kira) to go to a basketball clinic for the morning and then a play in the afternoon. So Jodie picked Emma up at 8:30 in the morning and I didn't see her until 5 that afternoon. Just after I got off the phone from Jodie, Gracie rang and invited Sarah over to play so off she went too. No kids all day!

I did do several loads of washing and other bits of house work before I started scrapping.
K1. Complete an online challenge & link the website when you upload.

This is this month's scrapjack for Aussie Scrapjack. We got to scrapjack Zina Wright. I found Zina a little challenging to scrapjack as her style is so unique, so Zina!!! I am pleased with how this LO has turned out and I just love this photo of Emma- it is SO her!!!!

J3. Scrap a LO that uses a song title or song lyrics as the LO title.


K4. Use more than 10 eyelets or brads on a single layout.

I've used 12 brads- they are on the wings and the body of the butterfly.
I love this Irish Blessing. It says "May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun. And find your shoulder to light on. To bring you luck, happiness and riches. Today, tomorrow and beyond."
This morning both my girls had dentist appointments. Straight after the dentist we met Kim at the cinema with her girls and we went and saw MAMMA MIA!!! WOW- what a great movie. We loved it!! My toes were tapping the whole way through. Kim gave me a copy of the Mamma Mia soundtrack CD and I've been bopping away to it in my car- love that too!!!
I highly recommend Mamma Mia, in fact I would love to see it again.
After the movie, Kim and I took the girls out to lunch. We went to Betty Blues again- boy their food is delicious!!! I ate far too much but it was YUMMY!!! That is how my girls ended up at Kim's house- they followed her home after lunch- LOL, not really!!!
Kim just messaged and she is scrapping and the girls are behaving- thank goodness!!!!
Anyway I must go and get scrapping- I have no excuse tonight for not getting some more LOs finished!
Hope your day is wonderful.
Love Janine xxx

3 comments:

Maursie said...

Beautiful layouts Janine - I can see I am going to have to ask for a miracle to keep up with you two LOL.
Glad to see you are so busy though.
Cheers
Maursie xoxo

Belinda Venables said...

I'm so jelous Janine - I wish someone would come and take my children for the night...who invented school holidays? Grrrr!!! ;)

Love the scrapjacked LO - you do 'Zina' well. :D

Belinda
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Janine, I am loving all your layouts just gorgeous.

Carole xx