Friday, May 09, 2008

Yeah, yeah... I'm still alive!

I honestly don't know where the last week has gone - HEY who stole last week!! LOL!!!
This week at school we have had the little kiddos doing lots of great things for Mother's Day. Check out this card. For those of you whom were lucky enough to be at the Scrapboxx retreat, you may remember that I won the raffle- THE CUTTLEBUG!!!! YIPPEE!!! Well, I've put it to good use. I took it to school and let all my little 5 year olds have a go- aren't I nice!! (It is safe, back at my house now!) They all made a card similar to this for their Mums for Mother's Day. I was wrapped with how the cards turned out. We did lots of other bits and pieces for the Mums including making Chocolate Yum Yums and Ginger and Macadamia Nut Balls with the kids for their Mums. (I have the recipes and am happy to share if anyone wants easy recipes that kids can easily cope with)
On Wednesday, we had a special Mother's Day afternoon tea for the Mums. We helped the kids make scones and sultana and cinnamon pikelets. The kids sang a collection of songs for the Mums, presented them with their presents and then served them afternoon tea. The Mums were thrilled and so were we- a great afternoon for all involved!

Apart from that life has just been ticking along. I have been doing more cleaning- I am really loving the fact that I'm finally getting organized. This week I've cleaned out several cupboards in the kitchen. given Emma's bedroom the once over(again) and started on the hanging clothes in my walk-in-robe.
We have also had dancing x2 , basketball training, hip hop x2, netball training x2, more basketball training x2 and basketball games x3.

On the scrapping front, I haven't done a great deal however this week, I have made the most gorgeous mini photo box album for my Mum for Mother's Day- I will share after Sunday! I really like it and would now like to keep it myself!!!
Sorry about the terrible scan but here is the LO that I did over a week ago now. I am really missing my scrapping time however am totally loving my more organized house. Sadly the messiest area in my house now is my scrapping space. I'm just such a messy scrapper, I really don't think my scrap desk will ever remain neat for long!!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and to all the Mums out there- have a lovely day on Sunday.
Stay safe and be happy.
Love Janine xxx

3 comments:

Maursie said...

Great to hear that all is well Miss Janine. And what awesome activities to do with your class - they are very lucky to have you.Have a great Mothers Day tomorrow.
Cheers
Maursie xoxo

Kylie said...

That card is gorgeous Janine!!
What a lovely teacher you are!!
& a stunning LO of your DD she has grown up so much!!
Hope you have a lovely Mothers Day!!

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
How awesome for the Mum's to be so spoilt by you and the Children, would love a copy of your recipes if you have time to email me. Gorgeous card and layout and good on you for having a cleanse, it is just about time for me to get motivated here too, Have a great Mother's Day tomorrow, I am sure you will be spoilt.
Take care
Trace.