Sunday, May 04, 2008

Basketball, netball, more cleaning and a movie!

Oh man, I've been living life in the fast lane!!!!

Friday afternoon saw the beginning of the winter basketball season. Emma played first and I'm thrilled to say her team won. Emma is not the most competitive player however she played really well and 'got in there' with the boys in her team! (Em is the only girl in her team!) Sarah's team player straight after and they won as well- convincingly...52-4. Sarah is not only playing in the under 12 competition but in the under 14 comp as well. Her U14 team is made up from the girls in the U12 Flames development squad. Their coach is playing them up a division to give the 'hard' game practice. They lost their first game however the team they played were the winners of the U14 summer season and no other team in the summer comp scored double figure against them. Our girls lost but score 25 points to their 39. No bad considering!!!

Saturday saw the beginning of the winter netball season. Emma's team started the season brilliantly. They won 26- 2. Emma scored 13 of her team's 26 goals and she only played in goals for 2 of the four quarters!!!
Sarah's team won as well although not as convincingly. They won 9-3. Overall it was a good start to the basketball/netball winter season!!! Yes- I love team sports for my girls. I love that it builds team skills and wonderful friendships. Crazy for me however running from training here, there and everywhere!!!

After netball on Saturday the girls and I took the train to Perth to see Dad. (Mum had already gone up in the morning.) Dad is looking so much better. We were able to take Dad in a wheelchair down to the cafe and have a coffee. He is improving however is still having dialysis for his kidneys three times a week. His leg is looking not too bad. Most of the skin grafts took and his leg is slowly improving. He looks thinner however- at last weigh in, he has lost 20kg!!! (This is not a bad thing for my Dad as he was quite overweight)

After leaving the hospital, Mum, the girls and I walked into Perth and ...you guessed it...went shopping!!! This sports store was having a closing down sale and we got some great bargains!!! I was very pleased to pick Sarah up a fabulous pair of basketball shoes for about 60% off- BARGAIN!!!

Later that night, after dinner, Mum and I got in the cleaning mood and I cleaned out my 'plastics' cupboard and also my pot drawer - I threw out heaps and now both and spick and span.

Sunday is the day of rest right...WRONG. Mum went off to the hospital early so Adam and I did a heap of gardening. Edges done, lawns mowed, patio and drive way swept, weeds pulled- a great morning's work!! By lunchtime Adam wanted to settle in and watch the footy so I decided to take the girls to the movies. Emma decided not to come in the end after much ummmming and arrring. I'm glad she didn't because Sarah and I went to see The Spiderwick Chronicles and I just know that Emma would have found it too scary. Sarah and I loved it!! Sarah has read all five of the Spiderwick Chronicles books so was really looking forward to seeing the movie.

After we got home I decided to keep on cleaning my walk-in-robe. I have a set a drawers in my wir and a set in my bedroom but not in the wir, so I cleaned both of them. WOW- heaps more clothes for the Good Sammies!!! While I was doing that Adam decided to buy a new mattress for our bed. Lucky Harvey Norman's open on a Sunday! We have been talking about it for ages however had never gotten around to it so off he went this afternoon and bought us a new mattress for our bed. I had already stripped all the beds this morning and washed the sheets, pillow slips and doona covers so putting a new mattress on was no issue at all. Geee I hope it is comfortable!!!

On the scrapping front, I haven't done much at all- too busy cleaning!!! I do have one LO that I finished during the week but I haven't photographed- soon I promise.!

I do however feel very pleased with myself with all the clearing out I have achieved!! Woo hoo- I feel like I'm slowly getting my house organized!!!!

Before I go, please remember Maddie McCann in your prayers- today is the first anniversary of her disappearance. I can't even begin to imagine how her parents must feel.

Stay safe, stay happy and have a wonderful week.

Love Janine xxx

No comments: