Sunday, May 11, 2008

What does a Mum do on Mother's Day???

Be a taxi driver for her 10 year old DD and take her to yet another basketball carnival of course!!!! Luckily we didn't have to leave quite so early as last time. Sarah played in an Under 12's basketball carnival in Mandurah this afternoon. It was games only, no finals and our team won their first game 22-12. Their second game was an 'on-the-edge-of-your-chair-game' - very even, low scoring and going goal for goal. Unfortunately our girls went down by one goal however it was a fantastic game. Their last game of the day was a walk over. They won, convincingly, 30-17. I seem to have been given the job of official photographer for the team. After each carnival I've been asked to supply a photo of the team for the RBA website.

Here are the team after their final game this afternoon. Sweaty lot huh??? I love that Sarah is a part of this team- she is widening her group of friends and experiencing new situations with this team and I'm so proud of how she is handling herself. So.... I didn't really mind spending my Mother's Day taxiing my girl around! :)
Okay, on to Mother's Day- HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mothers out there!!! I am a firm believer in quality, not quantity so I hope you spent a lot of today being with and cuddling your gorgeous children. I'm not particularly into the commercial, spend heaps of money on Mother's Day thing. In fact, I love my children's handmade treasures far more than any bought items on Mother's day. My absolute favourite to date has to be Emma singing to me "You are my Sunshine" - this was last year and still very fresh in my mind and heart.
I roped Adam into taking heaps of photos tonight of Mum, myself and the girls, then myself and the girls and then just Mum and I.... so I will have some fresh new photos to scrap very soon!!!! Wooo hooooo!!!!
Speaking on things made... here is the mini box that I made for my Mum for Mother's Day- the one I would now love to keep myself!!! I bought the kit from Tarisota, a gorgeous 'Box of Love' designed by Suz Doyle. My Mum loved it and so did I. Here it is...



Anyway, I still have uniforms to iron for tomorrow (groan) so I had better go. I do hope your Mother's Day was wonderful.
Have a fabulous week.
Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Firstly thanks soooo much for visiting my blog on Scrapboxx recently. It was a lovely suprise seeing you there and reading your comments. I hope you visit me again soon. I try and update my blog about once a week.

Secondly I too love getting home made gifts on Mother's Day. I was very spoilt this year with lots of cute things my daughter Amanda had made at school.

I love this box you altered. It is soooo pretty and the inside album looks fantastic. Your very talented and I always enjoy seeing your creations.

Hope your having a great day and enjoying the autumn weather.

Bye for now, keep smiling and thanks again for visiting my blog. From Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx.

PS: Well done to Sarah for her wins at netball. That's fantastic.

BruganCampbell said...

Oh Janine, you must definitely win Mum of the Year for that!

More lovely work from you too!

Hope you are well.