Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Delicious soup!!!

I made the yummiest soup tonight so I thought I'd share.

Sweet Potato and Pear Soup.
25g butter
1 white onion- finely chopped
750g orange sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
2 firm pears, peeled and chopped into 2cm cubes
750ml vegetable or chicken stock
250ml cream (fresh or sour)
mint leaves to garnish

Melt butter, cook onions until soft. Add potatoes and pears and cook for a few minutes. Add stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes and pears are soft. Cool slightly then puree. Add cream, garnish and serve.

Yummo!!! We had this tonight with some delicious crusty bread- mmmm very nice indeed! I love soup in winter and I'm always looking for new yummo recipes ....so if you feel inclined to share, then please do. :)

In other news, my darling daughter (said with gritted teeth) closed and locked the front door this morning- with the house keys still in the house - aaaarrrrggghhhh.
Luckily I'm not the helpless type so I climbed on the roof (yes I was dressed ready for work), pushed roof tiles up, squeezed through into the roof cavity, crawled to the manhole and jumped through into the house, unlocked the house, when back up onto the roof to replace the roof tiles, jumped back down and then had to get changed (I was covered in dust from the roof cavity) and then off I went to work!! Great start to the day huh!! I can laugh- NOW!!

I forgave her however because like my Emmy girl, I love my beautiful Sarah girl too. Love her, love her, LOVE HER!!! Last Friday she got a merit award at the assembly and her teacher spoke to me telling me how she is continually impressed with Sarah. Hmm that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. We received a letter yesterday from the high school we have enrolled the girls in and Sarah has her enrolment interview in two weeks. Bit scary, however I have no doubts that Sarah will do well. Worried about me though- what am I going to wear?? LOL!!!

I thought I'd finish with some fantastic news- Mum is back home in Bunbury at the moment and tonight she rang me in tears, happy tears- Dad is being taken off dialysis for the time being. The doctors are really pleased with how he is progressing so they are stopping dialysis to see how he manages! This is just the best news as about a week ago, the doctors told us that the chances of Dad's kidneys working again were slim. HAPPY, HAPPY NEWS!

I hope your week is just as wonderful. Oops, I know I haven't posted my most recent LOs- will do that tomorrow!

Be happy and believe that good things happen!
Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Oh Janine!! I'm giggling at you climbing on the roof... well done you! You're braver than me!! (mind you with a colourbond roof I couldn't even try it lol)

Such good news about your dad! I hope that means he's well on the road to recovery now.

Take care
Sheree

Fran said...

SO happy to hear that news about your Dad!!
And LOL at the 'keys' story - I bet that darling daughter won't be doing that again!!LOL

Fran xx