Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Time for an update...

Phew...we have been busy around here for the past few days!!!
Last Thursday, we went ice skating. My girls LOVE ice skating (and so do I). We all had a fabulous time, even if my fingers went numb from the cold!!! LOL!
Here are a few happy snaps from the day!!


All the kids were so good. Cute little gremlins they are!!!
After skating we all went to this yummy food hall at a near by shopping centre for lunch. I had the most delicious curry- mmmm mmm yummo!!! Kim and I then wandered around with our kids (plus the two extras I had) and did a bit of shopping. Gotta love shopping! LOL!!! Of course the girls managed to get some new clothes/shoes!!!

After a well earned coffee at Gloria Jeans we then headed home. I still had the extra two kiddos with me however they all flopped on the lounge and watched a DVD - too easy for me.

Saturday and Sunday were very busy as Sarah has a basketball carnival. She is in the Under 12 Flames development squad. The first game was 8am on Saturday morning at Perry Lakes Stadium, which is about 50 minutes drive away. Needles to say- we were up and away very early. I took Sarah and Adam stayed home with Emma. The girls did very well. They won their first game 23-17, but drew their second game 21 all.

Adam and I went out to dinner on Saturday night. It was my friend Leanne's birthday so a group of us went to Thai By The Sea. What a delicious meal we had!! Great company, great food, great wine = a great night. Adam & I didn't have an ultra late night however because Sunday was another early morning (more basketball). Fortunately the girls won both their games. This meant that they made the grand final however again they were runner ups. Never mind- it was another fantastic weekend of thrilling basketball!!
Here is Sarah & Grace with their runner up medallions for the Redback Classic!!!

All of us were totally exhausted by Sunday night so it was an early night for the kids. I had to get organized because I had to go back to work yesterday. It was a student free day - that means lots of meetings and lectures etc for me.
My kids didn't have school either so Kim offered to have them for the day. My girls were so excited. Emma planned out what she was going to wear and packed a bag of doll's clothes to take with her. (she took her Baby Born too). From all accounts they had a wonderful time- Thanks Kim- you're a gem!!!

Before I go I have one LO to share. I did this one last week. It is challenge J2- scrap photo/s from this month.
I just love this October Afternoon paper- pretty yummy huh?

Anyway- must go.....be happy!


Love Janine xxx

No comments: