Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wooooo hooooo- this is what I did on Sunday!!!

For my birthday last August, Adam and the girls bought me a 'tandem jump'..... well on Sunday.... I JUMPED!!!!!!

Here I am at the point of no return. I'm in that little plane taking off. It took us about 15-20 minutes to fly up to 10 000ft. YES- 10 000 feet!!!!

Not sure if you can see- but that little dot in the centre of the photo is me!!! OMGawd- what a rush!!!! I tell you- when the door of the plane is opened and you are looking down 10 000 ft to the ground- your heart beats a little faster!!!!!
Here is a better photo.
Look at this gorgeous photo. I was the last jumper of the day and jumped about 7pm. The sunset was glorious- as was the scenery from up there!!!
Down and safe and back with my little possums.
What an absolute experience. I was on a high for ages- lucky I didn't have to drive home!!!!
I am thrilled to be able to cross off one of my life's "TO-DO" things!!!
I still get all hyped up thinking about it!!! Anyone else jumped??? It is pure adrenaline rush!!!See- days later and I'm still pumped that I jumped!!!!
In other news- only 3 more sleeps until the Scrapboxx retreat. All my tags are finished and my name tag is nearly done. I am going to try and sort photos today for my classes so hopefully I'll be well and truly ready before Friday.
Some not so great news. My Dad has been away in Broome and unfortunately was taken to hospital last Thursday night. He has a severe infection in his leg. Today the Royal Flying Doctor is flying him down to Perth as he is not responding to the antibiotics that the doctors are giving him. He has other pre existing medical issues which are hampering his recovery. My poor Mum is mega stressed (again) and is on her way to Perth too. I'll keep you posted.
Stay happy, stay safe and I'll post soon!!
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
Wow you are such a thrill seeker. LOL. What awesome photos and a great experience you had. Your girls look pleased to have you in their arms safe and sound. Have a great retreat weekend, it would be very hard not to. Hope all goes well for your Dad and they can have him on the mend pretty quick.
Take care, Trace.