Thursday, March 20, 2008

Update..

Firstly let me say that the Scrapboxx retreat was AWESOME!!!! Honestly I had a ball!! Fabulous people, fabulous classes, fabulous everything. I have yet to down load my photos from the retreat but when I do- I'll do a proper update (promise).

Another AWESOME event was our netball grand final on Monday night. Our team only came forth on the ladder however managed to secure ourselves a spot in the finals. Come grand final night, through a series of unfortunate events, we only had 5 players for the game (the other team had a full team!!!)... well we played AWESOME!!! We didn't win however we only lost by 4 goals.... 4 goals - how AWSOME in that!!! Boy was I feeling pretty knacked afterwards however!!!!

Now an update on Dad. Dad is still in ICU and still heavily sedated. Things have only progressed very slowly. (some days no progress- like today) He was been taken back in the theatre everyday to change the dressings on his leg until Tuesday when a special vacuum sealed type bandage was put on his leg so the bandage wasn't changed again until today. There have been three attempts so far to bring Dad out of the sedation however each time it has failed as his blood pressure drops and they stop. Tomorrow the doctors will try again. He is still on dialysis and on a ventilator. I spent Tuesday at the hospital and then again today- it is certainly not a place that I would like to spend any length of time in. Unfortunately Dad looks as if he'll be in hospital for months. We have been told that as soon as he is more stable and no longer sedated the doctors will begin skin grafts on his leg. First things first however- I am SO hoping that the doctors are successful in bringing Dad around tomorrow- I think Mum will feel heaps better too (she is mega stressed as you can imagine)
Please remember Dad in your prayers.

Thank you and cuddle your loved ones extra well today...
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

Kylie M said...

Thanks for the update Janine. Sorry to hear there haven't been able to bring your dad out of sedation yet. Hopefully tommorow will be the day.

Are thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Enjoy your Easter Break.