Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hi,

I was hoping that Good Friday would be a GOOD Friday and that the doctors would successfully be able to bring Dad out of his heavy sedation- unfortunately, this was not to be. The doctors didn't even try today as Dad has developed a temperature which indicates an infection some where- they will try to bring him around tomorrow so cross everything you have that it is finally successful.
My retreat name tag!

Okay- here is my rundown of the Scrapboxx retreat- as I said - it was AWESOME!!! This was my third retreat and honestly they just keep getting better and better!
Kim, Kylie and I left Friday morning and after a few stops (a stop in Busselton for a coffee and yummy nibbles with Kim's Mum and then at Watershed Winery) we finally made it to Augusta about 2:30ish. We unloaded our stuff in our rooms and then went and found ourselves a spot in the scrapping room. No one was really scrapping so we just socialized with everyone else!!! We were finally able to meet some people who we only 'knew' in cyberspace!!!

The evening began with our tag swap- a crazy, noisy time where you have about 30 seconds to meet someone and then move on!!!
Here are my tags- mine were all different so people got a lucky dip with the colours!!
The gorgeous Maria and her DT then instructed us in how to make this snazzy box to keep our tags in- very cute huh?

By the time we had finished that - it was getting late so we headed off to bed.
After a delicious breakfast I started the day with Sheree's class. It was fabulous- we made our own ledger paper (very cool) and used chipboard to layer photos-a technique I will definitely use again. We scrapped two LOs in Sheree's class- lucky us!!!



We continued straight on to Mel's class- how fantastic is the LO. I love this LO and think it is my favourite from the weekend!
After lunch the very brave Lisa allowed Leeann to shave her head- raising money for cancer. She is definitely one amazing girl!!!
After that and some shopping in the shop we socialized some more in the scrapping room. Then a friend whom I know from Rockingham invited Kim and I to go with her to feed the sting rays at Hamlin Bay. We went however it turned into more of an adventure than we expected.
While feeding the sting rays, Kathy got her immobilizer wet so alas the car wouldn't start when we wanted to leave. (See Kim's blog for photos of me in the water with the sting rays!)
So with Kathy's car going no where- what were we to do- but drink our bottle of wine and take photos!!!





With no mobile reception we walked to the caravan park and rang Maria- and thankfully Maria and Kylie rescued us in a 12 seater bus!!!!
By this time it was getting late, about 8pm when we arrived back at the motel- a very quick shower and change saw us at dinner minutes later. The theme of the dinner was 'THINK PINK'. I wore pink but would you believe don't have a photo of me in my gorgeous (said tongue in cheek) pink outfit. I will have to see if someone else took one!
Then by 9pm we were at Mel's next class-yes, still dressed in my pink finery!!

Closed.
Open. Pretty amazing LO huh?
Sunday - I had no classes booked however did a little scrapping!
This was a sketch challenge!

This one was a 'Rusty Pickle challenge'
At lunch all the winners were announced. Winners of the challenges, the best name tag, the best retreat tag and the raffle. GUESS WHAT!!!!
I won the raffle!! Woo hoo! I won a Cuttlebug and $50 worth of dies of my choice!!! Boy was I wrapped!!!!
Then all too quickly 4pm came around and sadly the retreat was over for another year :(
Kim and I stayed Sunday night so we didn't have to pack up and rush off home (thank goodness) We has a good night's sleep and drove home the next day.
I can honestly say, even with everything going on with Dad- I had a ball. I loved the retreat and most definitely will be going again next year.
Phew- what a long post so far...are you still reading??? Well done if you are!!! I had better go as tonight my cousin and her cute as a button 18 month old little girl are staying over. Mum is here too so I had better go and be social.
Adam should be home soon. He took Sarah to the West Coast Eagles game. (Mum and Dad's tickets but obviously they weren't going)
Here hoping that everyone has a wonderful Easter Sunday. I'm hoping for some special Easter magic tomorrow and I hope you all get some too.
Love Janine xxx

Thought I would leave you with one more LO- one I scrapped on Good Friday!!
Sorry- layout removed as it has been accepted for publication.

2 comments:

Mardi said...

Janine...I loved your Retreat story... having beenlast year...I can sort of imagine how it looked...and what you did. Well apart from getting stranded at the stingray feeding..lol
Hope your Dad improves soon....it must be such a worry...
Mardi x

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
How are things?? Any improvements?? Looks like you had a great time at the retreat and did plenty. Gorgeous photos, Hami Bay my most favourite spot on earth, many a teenage year spent at that spot. LOL. Great place to get stranded too. LOL. Love all your layouts and so glad you had such a great time, so hope you are all hanging in there with your Dad and you had a great Easter.
Take care Trace.