Wednesday, March 26, 2008

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Dad is now awake and alert!!! Mum rang me this afternoon to tell me (I was at work) so it was a huge relief. Dad is unable to talk due to the tubes in his throat however can follow all the doctor's instructions and can nod and shake his head to answer questions. We feel as if we have turned a huge corner! Fifteen days of being out to it is well and truly plenty!!!
Dad still has a long way to go however we feel now that the road to recovery has begun. The plastic surgeon has even said that they may take him back into surgery as soon as tomorrow to begin skin grafting Dad's leg. Mum and I made lots of 'good news' phone calls tonight! :0)

In other news-
My kiddos enjoyed Easter! Lots of chocolate was consumed in our house and the fridge is still overflowing. We actually gave the girls very little chocolate this year -they got winter PJs and socks from the Easter Bunny....but we still seem to have gained a truck load!!!

I even managed to scrap a few pages over the weekend (in between visitors and a long birthday party on Monday)


I have another one finished but I don't like it now so am considering pulling it apart and starting again and have a second one with just the journaling to finish. Hopefully I'll manage time to get them finished in the next few days.
I'm off to the pool tomorrow to watch the school swimming carnival. Sarah is in a few events (I think) and both girls will participate in the 'fun' afternoon. Hopefully some good photo opportunities will arise!!!
Thank you for those wonderful people who have emailed etc about Dad. The scrapping community is truly a wonderful one and I really appreciate your thoughts being with my family- THANK YOU.
Please stay safe and be happy!!!
Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Janine,

been checking in over the last few weeks to see if there had been any more news on your dad. I'm so pleased to hear some positive news and that he is making some steps to recovery that is really wonderful!

Loved your company over the retreat weekend, take care and wishing all the very best for your dad's speedy and full recovery.

Mardi said...

Janine...Im so relieved to hear good news about your Dad.... I have been thinking of him often...

Love your layouts too by the way....gorgeous photos...beautiful layouts...

Mardi xx