Thursday, February 07, 2008

Back in the land of the living....

Hi-de-ho good people!!!

Phew- so much has happened in the past week that I'm not sure where to start! Point form might be easier!!

*I'm back at work. The school year has officially begun. So far it seems as if this year is going to be a good one. I have a lovely class and all is going well so far.

*My poor Mum- she drove up to my house very early Friday morning to look after my girls for me however had her overnight bag and handbag stolen before she even left her carport. Mum put her things in her car (which was parked IN her carport) went inside to tell Dad she was heading off and before she got back to her car (under a minute) her things were gone. Some thug was obviously watching her and has seized the opportunity to take her things- she was devastated and when she arrived at my house was still terribly upset. Rotten %$*#@***!!

*Friday night, Adam and I went to The Police concert. WOW- wonderful, wonderful music however where we were sitting was stifling hot. Coupled with the fact that I had a few wines (in hindsight I should have stuck to water) and not much dinner- before the concert was over, I felt revolting. I had a splitting headache and felt overwhelmed by the heat. We ended up moving and sitting on a grassed area and just listened to the music. This 'yukko' feeling lasted for days and I did wonder whether I was suffering from heat stroke. Another friend of mine (who wasn't at the concert) had similar symptoms to me and she ended up going to her doctor who told her she had a virus...so whatever I had, it was yuk but I'm slowly feeling better each day.

*The girls have started back at school. Sarah is in year 5 and Emma in year 3. Both have settled in beautifully, they are loving their teachers and I'm expecting another wonderful school year.
A quick 'first day' photo. Like the past five years, Adam took them on their first day as I had to be at my school.

*Scrapping- due to feeling 'yuk' over the past week I have only managed one page. Here is my February scrapjack. Jolene Pienaar was this month's jackee. Thanks Jolene for the inspiration!!


*Finally, due to the fact that I'm feeling better, I went on a shopping spree this morning with my partner in crime. We visited two yummo scrapping shops and filled our baskets with all sorts of delicious goodies. Not even the non stop rain dampened our spirits. So I'm off to play with some of my new goodies before I have to pick my kidlets up from school.

*Sine- I have posted your Heidi Swapp date stamp- if you haven't got it already, it won't be far away--- enjoy!

Anyway have a great day...
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janine thankyou so much for the date stamp I have used it already!