Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sob, sob, sob...

Tonight is my last night of school holidays.... wail wail, sob, sob... (heavy sigh) I go back to work in the morning. :( Don't get me wrong, I love teaching however these holidays have just been SSSSOOO good that I really don't want them to end.

However.. all good things come to an end. :(

We have made the most of the last few days.... both Sarah and Emma have had friends over to play, we have been swimming at Aquajetty, we have been shopping, buying clothes that of course my girls don't need, gone out to lunch, eaten too much ice cream :) and we have relaxed and enjoyed ourselves! I have scrapped too!! (BIG smile)

The girls are quite happy- they don't go back to school until Monday - don't get me wrong here, they are itching to get back to school however the next few days will be FUN for them- unlike my days (boring school meetings etc). Tomorrow they are off to Grace's house for the day- no doubt a day of swimming, Foxtel and FUN!!! Friday, my Mum is coming up first thing in the morning and she's looking after my girls for the day. That equals fun for the girls. Friday after school, Adam and I are heading off to The Police concert- YYYYAAAYYY, YYIIIPPPEEE, WWWWOOOOO HHHHOOOO!!! Mum is staying over night so Adam and I are making a night of it- I'm SO looking forward to it!!! YYYYYEEEEEEE HHHHHAAAAA!!!!! Mum is taking the girls to basketball so I really don't have to worry about a thing- woo hoo!
The Police were my childhood all time favourite band- going to see them is a dream come true- yyyyipppppeeee- I'm just a tad excited!!!!!!

Okay, okay, I'm settled now! (slow breaths) I have some scrapping to share. I have been absolutely loving my creating time this year. You know, last year, I found myself worrying about the quality of the photo, where to put the embellishments, whether my journaling was correct etc, etc, etc.....AND I found that it was inhibiting my scrapping. I have read lots of blogs where people have talked about 'BLOGGING without obligation'- well, this year, I'm SCRAPPING WITHOUT OBLIGATION.... AND LOVING IT!!!

I honestly can't believe the difference it has made. I have been scrapping faster and have been enjoying it more. I find I have been more creative too!!! So here are some layout to share....

OMG... I have SO many photos from our DARWIN/QUEENSLAND holiday that if I don't scrap them soon, goodness knows!!! These photos are from one of our trips to Sea World.

Next is my January scrapjack. Kim Archer is this month's jackee (Woo hoo-Happy 40th birthday Kim )...and boy did I love scrapjacking her. I was thrilled to actually scrap Emma's dance photos (goodness knows how many years of dance photos I have, that aren't scrapped) but I was also thrilled to get so many photos on one page- Thanks Kim- you're a gem!!!


Lastly, a layout of Emma on Christmas morning. She had such a good time, as the photos reflected, how could I not scrap them!!!
Stay safe and be happy!!!
Lovbe Janine xxx

1 comment:

Tracey Bower said...

Sorry to hear your great holidays are coming to an end, you sound like you have had the best time but the concert sounds like a real highlight coming up, have fun. Your layouts are great, way to go with your attitude, everything should be enjoyable, especially scrapping. Take care Trace.