Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008

2008- wooo hoooo 2008 is here and we actually saw in the New Year!!!! Yeeee haaaa, I have such a good feeling about this year, not really sure why........ but does that matter? This year is going to be fabulous- I turn 40 this year so I'm going to be 40 and fabulous!!!!

New Year's Eve - We went down to our local foreshore to celebrate in the New Year with friends. Well so did about 20 000 other people!!!! It was packed!!! Rockingham foreshore usually puts on a good show for NYE and this year was no exception. They had a great band, Murphy's Law, who played lots of music that I knew- LOL!! We had a very good time and the fireworks at midnight just finished it off nicely! Here are a few photos from our night!

Adam and I - taken by Emma. Excuse the double chin but I am nearly 40 and fabulous!!! LOL!!!!

Emma, dancing on the seat to the fabo music!!! See what her shirt says - "My Mum Rocks" Yeah baby!!!
Sarah and her gorgeous friend Kaitlyn.Me getting cuddles from Em.

Some of the dozens of fireworks photos I took- I tried a few different settings to capture different effects with the firework- however you must remember these were taken at midnight- LOL!!!!- on NYE!!!!!
So that is it...2008 has officially begun. What will this year bring for me?, for my family?
I'm not one to make resolutions as that is just not my thing however I have been thinking alot about this. I have decided that 2008 is a year of BIG things for me and I have decided to be a 'giver' as my resolution. Each month this year I will preform a Random Act of Kindness (RAK) to someone, anyone. Not necessarily a scrapping RAK but a RAK to someone.... I now have 29 days left in January to 'give' my first RAK.
So no resolutions for me, just RAKs- I'm happy with that!!!
After our night out, we had a slow start to the day. We did start it however with a fabulous BBQ breakfast- hhhhmmm- well, brunch, maybe- LOL!!!
And I scrapped- I haven't taken a photo of my page yet but I thought it fitting to scrap a page on the first day of the year!!! Will upload soon!
That brings us to today- the cleaning bug bit me well and truly today!!! I washed everything in sight, put all the Christmas decorations and the tree away and the pantry is now sparkling!!! I would have kept going but my BIL, SIL and three nephews dropped in. They are on their way to QLD for a BMX meet and a holiday. We reminisced about our holiday and I pulled out all our photos- I really should scrap an album about our holiday- this time last year we were in Surfer's Paradise having a ball, visiting all the theme parks and Australia Zoo. A truly wonderful holiday!!!
Back to the cleaning- my laundry is next and the linen cupboard... only problem is, after today my bin is full and it isn't bin day until next Tuesday- LOL!!!!

I thought I would leave you with this photo- this is the first sunset of 2008 taken from our corner (we live on a corner)- how beautiful is it!!
I know 2008 will be a fantastic year- I hope you make it everything you want it to be too.
Please stay safe,
Love Janine xxxx

2 comments:

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
Great photos, glad you had a great New Years, I love your sunset photo, that is awesome. Gee wish I could get that cleaning bug but it just seems to be missing ATM.
Enjoy the purging.
Trace.

Leeann Pearce said...

Gidday Janine, what double chin...lol I too have those pics..lol.. fab pics...awesome sunset..and btw.. I did see your felt decorations they are awesome...cheers foxy..