Monday, December 17, 2007

Dance concert.

Sunday was a HUGE day in our house!!! It was the girl's End of Year Dance Concert. I always assist with the rehearsals (great photo opportunities!!) and this year was no exception. I was up early Sunday morning, making double sure that I had everything organized. I had the girls up reasonably early for breakfast and then we started on hair and make up. I had two extra girls to take with me and we all managed to get there in time to start.


I took photos of the costumes at home before we left... check them out. I thought they looked fabulous- the costumes and the girls!!!!

Emma's jazz costume.

Emma's tap costume.
Emma's acrobatics costume.

Sarah's jazz costume.
Sarah's tap costume.

Sarah's acrobatics costume.
I loved all the costumes! Their dancing was totally incredible and amazing too -yes, slightly bias, proud Mum!!!

Now check this out! Excuse all the bags and costumes in the background but this is Sarah in the middle of a branee (a no handed cartwheel). She was just playing around in the big dressing room when I managed to snap this shot!! Clever cookie isn't she!
And check out this photo... Emma took this one and I've left it as she has taken it- off centre!!! Here I am with my gorgeous Sarah! See that smile on her face- she LOVED this concert...and see that smile on my face- I was SO happy and proud of BOTH my girls! Boy, I'm one lucky Mumma!
Now that school and the dance concert are over, I can relax a little. Hmmmm, I just have to finish my Christmas shopping in the next 8 days!!! I have managed to cross some things off my to-do-list however. I have taken the girls for our traditional Santa photo. We did that Friday and I managed to fit some shopping too! My list is not all crossed off -I still have to send my Christmas cards and also do my annual Christmas photo shoot with the girls. (the photos go in the cards for family) I'm sure if I keep plodding away I'll get it all done- fingers crossed!

We chilled out a little today and went to see Fred Claus. Despite the fact that Kim and I had TEN kids between us, there was very little for us to do except relax and watch the movie- great movie by the way!!! We then took all the kids to Hungry Jacks, which again was not a drama.
After the movies and Hungry Jacks, I had to go to the Post Office to send off a parcel and with the 4 kids I had with me I even managed to buy my girls some Chrissy pressies- sneaky huh? I sent the girls into the pet shop to check out the puppies and zipped into Games World and bought some games- see I told you I'd slowly get through my list-LOL!!!
Before I go.... remember a post or two ago, I said I wasn't a morning person but I was working on it. Well this term I set myself a personal challenge. My challenge was to be up that bit earlier and to make my girl's lunches everyday with healthy food, no canteen lunches and no rubbishy junk food and if I succeeded I would reward myself with one of these-
Well I did it!!
I got up every morning and made my girls a healthy packed lunch. No muesli bars, no roll ups, no LCMs, no chips etc- lots of fruit and vegies. I did put in small treats for them (I'm not that mean!) usually a chocolate frog. This was not really about what my kids eat, although I am mindful of what they eat, as they are normally pretty healthy eaters - this was about me getting up that bit earlier and achieving a challenge that I had set myself. Well my Clip it up has arrived and I'm slowly filling it up and I LOVE it!!!! Great investment if anyone is thinking of one!!!
Anyway, I had better go.
Stay happy, stay safe and cross your fingers that I get my Christmas shopping finished in the next 8 days!!!!
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

Melissa Goodsell said...

Your little girls look so pretty in their costumes!
I love the gingerbread house too,
Melx