Wednesday, December 12, 2007

School's out!

LOL-for my girls anyway!!! I have one more day...one more day!!! Yeee haaaarrrrr!

Well, gosh and golly, I know heaps of people are in the same boat but.... boy is life BUSY!!! However saying that, I am slowly crossing things off my list of things-to-do. Slowly....


Let me recap-
Wednesday- last game of summer season netball for both girls.
Friday- last game of basketball for both girls before Christmas break.
- both girls got their school reports and I'm thrilled to say both were outstanding (yes, slightly bias and proud here!!!)
Saturday- yay, Sarah achieved her bronze medallion in acrobatics!! Wooo hoo- she was really proud of herself and so was I. She had to show her teacher a round off back flip (which she can do some days and not others-????) and a branee (no handed cartwheel) I was extremely proud of her!!!
Sunday- We saw Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium- wonderful movie, sad in some places, funny in others, wonderful the whole time. Such a wonderful movie for believers. A holiday must see!!!
After the movie we did a touch of shopping- Sarah bought herself the most charming nutcracker- she collects them! I must take a photo of him- he is really divine.
When we arrived home, the girls make their 'Gingerbread House' that I bought them a while back- I must say they did a fabulous job!
Looks good enough to eat- doesn't it!!!!
Monday- school as normal. My last game of netball before the Christmas break was forfeited - yay as it was far too hot to play netball!!!
Tuesday- I was up super early to make a squillion spider biscuits and also ice the cup cakes I had made the night before. Lucky netball had been forfeited!!
Kim's son Haydn will be 12 on Sunday (yay Happy Birthday Haydn!) and I made a deal with him. I would make him enough spider biscuits for his entire class if he took Sarah sailing. Now Haydn's a fantastic kid and he would have taken Sarah sailing anyway however I wanted to do something for him too.... thus I was up at sparrows making spider biscuits!!! Look great don't they- I hear the kids loved them!
Tuesday was also Sarah's class party so I made holly cup cakes. They must have been alright too as none came home- LOL!!! Emma had her class party too however her wonderful teacher provided everything!

Tuesday is not normally one of my working day however unfortunately the teacher that I tandem with, her Dad passed away Tuesday morning so I worked for her. I'm working for her tomorrow too...that is why I still have one more day before I'm on holidays.
Tuesday night- I teach Pre Primary and Tuesday night was our Christmas concert and graduation ceremony- all I can say is, phew, I'm glad it is over with! The kids looked gorgeous but so much work and effort goes in to it that it is such a relief when it is over!


Here is a quick share before I go. I participated in two Secret Santas this year. I thought I would share the items I made for my SS as I haven't done any other scrapping this week (they both have been received now so I won't be spoiling any surprises!) In both the SS you had to send scrapping supplies valuing a certain amount plus a handmade gift- these are my handmade gifts-a 2008 diary which I altered.

I was hoping to receive a diary myself as I use one each year- (I received a gorgeous one last year that I'm still using) however my SSs send me a yummy altered note book and a gorgeous felt pin and needle wallet so I'm not disappointed at all!!


Anyway, I had better keep plodding - my to-do-list hasn't all been crossed off yet!!!
Stay happy and stay safe,
Love Janine xxx

No comments: