Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy, happy Sunday!

Hi all!!!
I have had yet another busy week (what else is new-LOL) however last night and this morning I took time out to sew with my girls... yes - sew!!!

Go back a week or so.... as I mentioned before, I was lucky enough to be selected by Aussie Scrap Source to be part of their blog challenge. This week I've not only been busy at school (report writing time) and with the girls but I have been a busy little scrapper doing this challenge. Instead of one layout, I made seven mini projects. They are all now completed and emailed off. I can't share yet however am allowed to once they go up on the ASS blog. Stay tuned.

At the same time I'm doing Kim Archer's Christmas Spectacular and I've been trying to complete some of her fantastic projects. Kim (Geling, not Archer) is doing these classes too and she suggested we do a project together each week while we wait around for our girls at acrobatics for two hours. Yesterday we started making mini felt stockings. Now these are gorgeous. Kim and I stitched our little hearts out and spread our mess everywhere- LOL!!
When I got home I finished Sarah's stocking and decided to make Emma's. I was really pleased with how they turned out.
Cute aren't they!
While I was stitching away, both girls wanted to make one too. I really didn't think they were capable however agreed anyway. Well look at their results. Expect for threading needles (a million times- aaarrgghhh) I did very little. The girls chose their colours, cut out their own pieces (I cut Emma's star) and stitched all by themselves. I did show both of them how to start and end off and I did undo knots for them!! I think they did a fabulous job!! Sarah's is the green star stocking (facing the other way...it is because she's a left hander- or so she tells me!) and Emma's is of course the pink Christmas tree one! I am very proud of them...my clever little cookies!!


Look what bought yesterday- cool huh? I saw it in Target and decided to get one for the girls. We haven't made it yet, I think I will wait at least until December!!! Will share pictures when the girls finish it! I don't know about the girls... but I can't wait to make it!!!

Hey... the Christmas card count has gone up to eleven!!!

Anyway.. better go! I promised the girls we would go on a bike ride. The weather is glorious and they are nagging me!!

Stay safe,
Love Janine xxx
Edited to add- Opps I forgot, Petrina tagged me a week or so ago...I will do that next post- promise!

3 comments:

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
Wow what cute little stockings they are and the girls did a fabulous job also. Glad to see you are managing to fit time in to create between your busy work schedule and home life, geezzz how do you do it??????
Take care
Trace.

Maursie said...

Hi Janine (waving).
Aren't Kim's classes super - all I need is the time to complete them now LOL!!!!
Congratulations girls - your stockings are awesome. I hope I do as good a job as you two (maybe I need your mums help!!!)
Glad to hear all is well.
Take care
Love Maursie xoxo

Anonymous said...

What beautiful stockings!!! so cute indeed!! I am looking at everyones blog today in the hope that it will get me moving on Christmas - I havent done anything yet!!! Thanks for those great craft ideas too - just fantastic!