Sunday, September 23, 2007

Waving hello!!!

Yet another week has zoomed by!! Only one week now until the school holidays (yippee) however my holidays are fast filling up and it is starting to look as if my holidays will be busier than school!!!
I have decided to go ahead with Sarah's room make-over. We have been and chosen a gorgeous wooden bookshelf which will be ready and delivered in the first week of the holidays. I will take Sarah shopping so she can choose a new doona cover and I will also organise new blinds and curtains and pick a paint colour! Oh dear I can see two weeks of school holidays will not be enough!! I have also booked the girls in for Octswim during the holidays!!!
Today I cleaned out Emma's drawers and wardrobe ready for when I clean Sarah's. In fact today I did a HEAPS of cleaning - Emma's bedroom had yet another going over- I swear, the more rubbish I throw out of that bedroom, twice as much reappears! Two huge garbage bags of 'too small' clothes have been bagged up ready for Lucy and two HUGE bags of rubbish went in the bin!
I also cleaned the girl's bathroom, toilet, our en suite, Sarah's room, changed sheets, did two loads of washing, vacuumed the entire house, and fed the tribe!
So...as a treat for myself... this afternoon I sat down and finished off two LOs that I had started.
After seeing Julie's gorgeous LO called 'One Day' I was inspired to use LOTS of flowers on a LO- Thanks Julie for the inspiration!!!

I love this photo of Emma. She was off to a 'spooky' party of one of the boys in her class. The little red witch is an actual scan of the witch on Emma's shirt!!!
I still have two more LOs on my desk- half finished. I'm hoping to get to them tonight!

OK- go back to Tuesday. Star of the Sea had their open night. Sarah and Grace performed their duet however I couldn't take photos of them on stage because some clever cookie had set up this honking great spotlight looking straight into the audience so any photos anyone took turned out black- grrr. I got the girls to pose in the music room after their performance. Notice they arranged to have their hair done the same- cute huh?


All the classrooms were open for parents to view. At the door of Emma's classroom, welcoming everyone, was her 'Red Riding Hood'. A recent project was to make a fairy tale character and here is hers. All the goodies in Red's basket, Emma (and Sarah) made out of play dough- they had so much fun making all the goodies!! I helped Emma cut the cardboard for Red and then Emma had even more fun painting her! What a great project- said it a million times...and I will say it again.... Emma's teacher is just the BEST!!

Anyway- the day is not over yet and I still have two unfinished LOs on my desk calling me!!!

Stay safe,
Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree sometimes 2 weeks of school holidays aren't enough.

Great work doing all that cleaning, very well done. It makes you feel so satisfied once it's finished doesn't it.

I too am always shocked at how much rubbish I find in my daughter's bedroom too.......lol

As always I love your layouts. Using all those flowers grouped together looks brilliant and so very pretty. I might try that design myself one day.

I love the photo of Emma dressed as a witch. She sure is too cute to be wicked. Another great topic to scrap about.

Your layouts always inspire me, thanks for sharing :)

Have a safe week and have fun with the bedroom make over. From Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx

Julie said...

Love the pages Janine. Great job as always. Glad that I was able to inspire you to use all those yummy flowers.