Friday, August 31, 2007

Last day of winter....

Hello all!!!
Did you know today is the last day of winter and it is also the 10th anniversary of Diana's death. I know exactly where I was and what I was doing when I was told about Diana's death. Isn't it funny how some things are etched in our minds forever.

Anyway... today I took a day off work because my gorgeous girl and her class presented their item at the school assembly. Sarah and her class sang and danced their own version of "Grease". The boys were all 'T-Birds' and the girls 'Pink Ladies'- so cool!! Unfortunately I can't show you photos of all of them all however here is Grace and Sarah.... looking very cool!!!

Sarah is so fortunate to have some wonderful friends. Honestly she is really blessed. I stood amongst her class today, chatting and taking photos and the kids chatted happily to me and you could just sense the togetherness and overall happiness of them being a group together. I have some fabulous photos of the kids but unfortunately I can't share them here.

The assembly was over by about 9:45.... and then I had the rest of the day for ...ME.....!!!! I shot off to Hardly Normal and printed out a zillion photos, lots more of Sarah's Holy Communion, ones from the Cross Country, some for me for my school and lastly heaps from today's assembly to share with all the kids.

At home, I did several loads of washing, spent an hour in the garden (the weather was glorious!), sorted photos, cleaned the house (blah) and by then it was nearly time to get the girls from school. I had a parent meeting about tomorrow's Tournament of Minds and then took the girls to do some much needed grocery shopping.
Sarah had basketball tonight- woo hoo, she again got the first goal for her team!!

Tonight I have chatted online, scrapped a page (which I now realise DOESN'T fit the cyber crop challenge requirements that I was doing it for- grrrrr) drank some wine ( and after I realized my mistake, drank some more wine- LOL) and have had a yummo dinner!!!
I will share the LO soon- I have painted some chipboard on the LO so need that to dry!

I realized that I haven't shared this yet! This year (on Australia Day) a book was released called "Pride of the Nation". This is the inaugural book by Bonnie Babes and it feature photos of children from all around Australia. Well I features my two stunningly beautiful girls!

Here is their photos as they appear in the book. Please note- photography is by ROCKSEA PHOTOGRAPHY, Rockingham, W.A.
How gorgeous are my girls?? I am honestly blessed!!!

Quick LO share before I go- this LO is in the latest For Keeps magazine. It is in the 'felt' section. Funnily enough, Sarah is in the same section on a LO that Kim did.

Please stay safe- I really mean this. We have had news of two death in the last week-Adam's uncle died while on holiday in Onslow last Friday and Mum's neighbour and close friend died, while on holiday in Exmouth on Wednesday. So......please stay safe, kiss and cuddle your beautiful children and live life with love.

Love Janine xxx

No comments: