Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hi there!

Another quick LO share in between my cleaning. I have been cleaning all day- bathroom, toilet, en suite, bedrooms, living area, doing loads of washing, folding and putting away washing, sorting paperwork- blah! I am about to tackle my scrapping area- again. I'm sure it gets messy all on its own!!! :0)
There was a break in the weather so I ducked outside and took photos of my latest two LOs. It has been raining off and on for days now.

This LO 'One Lucky Duck' is my take on Melissa Goodsell's sketch for Sketches Oz. I loved Melissa's sketch and I was pleased with how my LO turned out. Here is a close up of the little duck!


This LO 'Things You Do' is for Janine Kaye's challenge on Scrap The Girls. The LO is about how Emma leaves little notes around the place for me- on my pillow, on my scrapping table etc- she is just so gorgeous.! I have included some of the notes in the envelope.
The butterfly is a free template that you can get from Martha Stewart's website. Pretty cool huh!! Here is a close up.


Before I get back to my cleaning, here is another yummy recipe. I cooked last night and it was gone in no time!

Quick Malaysian Soup

2 garlic cloves
2 cm piece of ginger
1 onion
1 carrot
1 stick celery
1 tablespoon oil
1-2 cups of chopped cooked or raw chicken
3 cups hot water
2 chicken stock cubes
400g tin tomatoes in juice
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
¼ cup coconut cream
400g pkt instant noodles
Parsley- chopped.

Crush, peel & chop garlic.
Peel ginger- chop finely.
Peel onion, carrot- cut in 1cm cubes.
Wash and trim celery- cut into 1cm slices.
Heat oil in a large pan.
Saute garlic, ginger, onion, carrot & celery for 5 mins or until onion is clear.
Add chicken, water, crumbed chicken stock cubes, tomatoes in juice, chilli sauce & coconut cream.
Break tomatoes up with a spoon.
Bring to boil.
Reduce heat & simmer for 10 mins.
Add noodles and cook for 2-3 mins or until noodles are cooked.
Serve garnished with parsley.

Thanks for those of you who have sent recipes my way- it is very much appreciated.! :0)

Have a great Sunday.

Love Janine xxx

7 comments:

janine kaye said...

wow janine..these are both stunning!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for taking part in my sketch :O) Your layout is really beautiful, I adore the little duck, so so sweet.
I love the other layout too, you have some gorgeous layouts on your blog and your girls are so pretty.
Melx

Anonymous said...

As always I'm excited to see more of your layouts. Your so talented.
Thanks for giving me lots more inspiration.

It's been rainy and cold here in Sydney for the last 3 weeks and so it's perfect weather for staying inside and scrapping up a storm.

Have a great week and keep warm and dry. Love from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx

Judith Hunt said...

wow always loved your work. they are just gorgeous. finally found your blog. hope you still remember me.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous LOs Janine, love your use of colour :D

Tracey Bower said...

Gorgeous layouts Janine, what a great idea keeping those notes, how special is your daughter to leave such lovely mementos around for you. Know what you mean about the scrap room making itself messy, must be the night shift that comes in and messes them up. LOL. Thanks for another yummy recipe. Take care
Trace.

Kylie said...

Hi Janine
I love your lo's especially the liitle duck & those beautiful butterflies, Im also lovin butterflies @ the moment. I just wanted to let you know that I love your work & your daughters are just stunning!
Take care
Kylie