Sunday, July 01, 2007

Hiddy ho!

What a windy and rainy day it is today!!! Great weather for ducks and great weather for staying inside in front of the fire!! In fact most of the week has been on and off rain!!!

Wow, this week has flown by again!!! Busy, busy, busy as per usual. Only one more week and we are on school holidays- yippee!!! I love the holidays. I like the fact that we don't have to get up and rush off to school and work. I can sleep in, the kiddos can watch TV in the morning, I can stay in my jammies for longer...LOL!!! I am hoping to get some scrapping done but I do want to spend some quality time with my girls. I have promised them I will take them ice skating, we normally do a movie or two, we are heading off to stay with my Mum and Dad in Bunbury for a few days and I have booked the girls into a half day netball clinic with the Coastal Sharks.
One of my main objectives these holidays is to organize a dress for Sarah's First Holy Communion which is coming up in mid August. Adam's Mum (she is a dress maker) has offered to make Sarah a dress so we will have a look around at styles etc in the first few days of the holidays and when we go to Bunbury- Adam's Mum can do her magic and make the dress!!!

My girls received their school reports on Friday and I was one happy and proud Mumma!!! I know Sarah is doing well but her report was even more glowing than even I expected. But it was Emma's report that made me happy. Now being a teacher, I know better than anyone not to compare children, however at equivalent ages Sarah has always achieved higher results than Emma. I know I have said this before but Emma's teacher is the best thing since sliced bread. Emma's report was fabulous and better than I expected. One very proud Mum here! :)
OK- on to my scrapping. Over at Shop & Crop I have been joining in with their Book of Life. Well naughty me, missed May's deadline however I have since finished the LOs. I also finished this month's -just. They were due on the 30th and I finished the second LO on the night of the30th!!! Here are all 5 of them!

"I am" I didn't want to do the normal I am a mother, I am a sister etc... so I focused on three things I AM going to do! In fact when I pulled this LO out today to scan it, I re read the things I AM going to do and then spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone to my cousin and friend Jan- see I am keeping in contact more often!!!
Sorry but I have scanned these and the very edges of the LOs have been chopped off but it was way too rainy and windy to venture outside to photograph these!!!

"I promise" This LO was easy- I promise I will ALWAYS be these for my girls, through thick and thin. Too easy!

"Right now" I wanted to focus on what I have in my life with this LO, not what I don't have or what I want. Don't get me wrong, there are heaps of things I still want- LOL but this LO makes me realise that I do have a wonderful husband, gorgeous healthy kiddos and fantastic friends- and for that I'm VERY grateful!


"Worst fear". Again this LO was very easy. My absolute worst fear is something happening to one or both of my girls. It is a constant worry but I know I must balance this with letting them have some independence- for their sake and mine.
"I can never resist" - another easy LO- my girls have far too many clothes but does that stop me buying them more- no sir! I'm hopeless! Which reminds me- Hey KIM, don't forget we are going shopping on Tuesday!!!!! LOL!!!


Here is another LO that I complete this weekend. It is for the CC at The Craft Attic. You had to complete a LO using a black, red and cream colour scheme- very easy since this month's Tarisota Collection came in those very colours!!!

Here is another LO that I did a while back but haven't shared. This gorgeous guy is my nephew Matt. This photo as taken when we were in Darwin for Christmas. You wouldn't believe this healthy 7 1/2 year old nearly died as a new born due to a major heart condition NOT being picked up at any ultra sound OR at birth and had open heart surgery at 9 days old!!!!
More news- Emma has lost another tooth- YAY that now makes three!!! The tooth fairy will be winging her way to our house tonight!!!!
And congrats to Kim- Kim won third place on the Aussie Scrapjack site for June's Scrapjack- way to go Kim!!!
OK- off to iron uniforms for school tomorrow!
Have a great Sunday!
Love Janine xxx

No comments: