Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tagged

Wooo hoo- I have been tagged by Kim!

Here's the rules:Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to blog about their seven things and post the rules as well. At the end of your blog, you need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog! OK, here are my 7 random facts/habits....

1. When I was 20, I sailed on the tall ship 'The Young Endeavour'. We sailed from Melbourne, down to King Island (Tasmania) and back up to Adelaide. While sailing, we encountered a storm and I was the only female who was willing to climb the 90ft mast and help furl the sail. (5 males helped!!!)

2.As a child I raced 'soapboxes' - they are go-carts which race down hill using rolling speed only (no motors although they do have brakes-LOL) I began racing in box #1 which once belonged to David Bradham (son of Jack Brabham). I then moved to box # 23 which was lime green and nickname "The Mouse" and my last box was #101 - a fibreglass soapbox which was built by my Dad. My highest achievement in soapboxing was coming 13th in an Australian championship.

3. I detest cockroaches- arrggghhh- the only good cockroach is a dead one!

4. I met one of my best friends, Melissa, when we were in kindy together. That was back in 1971. We are still great friends today. She was my chief bridesmaid when I got married and she is Sarah's godmother. I last saw her about 2 weeks ago as we now live in different towns.

5. I have never officially broken a bone in my body! I suspect that I once broke my little finger and on a different occasion my little toe- but the doctors didn't xray them so officially I have never broken a bone in my body!!

6.I have NEVER taken my wedding ring off. Since the day Adam placed it on my finger, it has never been removed. It has been taped for netball games and operations but never taken off- that it 12 years and counting!!

7. I have two university degrees. The first is a Bachelor or Arts (Education) and the second is a Bachelor of Education. I have been a primary school teacher for 16 years now and have taught full time or part time for most of that time.

OK- my turn to tag some others- I tag-
Janine, Kim, Kathie, Julie, Ali, Katie and Peta.

Have a great day!
Janine xxx

2 comments:

kathie said...

I loved reading your answers! Cockroaches have absolutely no redeeming qualities, I agree.
Thanks for tagging me.
I still have to do your first challenge!

Mardi said...

Wow Janine... great reading your answers to the tag...and to find out some very unknown facts..lol
I just LOVE your layout from Kims online class too.... wasnt it a great class...fun to go over old memories and spunky photos...hehe
Mardi x