Sunday, April 22, 2007

Scrapapple's next comp!

OK- over at the apple yard, Scrapapple are now running a competition to win a $400 scrapping unit from Maple Lane Studios. The competition doesn't necessarily run week to week- some challenges you are given longer to complete.

Challenge 1 was to take photos of your scrapping area now (ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!) and then complete a double page LO on what it is now and how you 'dream' you would like it!
Mine is aptly named 'Chaos to Calm'. My scrap space at the moment is a large table backed up against our kitchen bench- not ideal as all my visitors see my very messy desk!!! Hopefully in the near future we will build our new house (we have only had the block of land for SIX years!!!) and in this house I will have my own 'scraproom'. I poured through magazines and pulled out ideas of what I would like my ideal room to look like- lots of storage!!!

Challenge 2 was all about how we store our ribbons. I have all my ribbons sorted by colour in snap lock bags- I admit that they could be a little neater- LOL but I like how I store them. My only difference would be- when I get this amazing new scraproom, I would love one of those Ikea style square shelving unit things (see my first LO for a pic) and I would then move my ribbons from the plastic drawer they are currently in to a groovy square basket- to fit beautifully into the shelving unit!! I looked at all the fancy ribbons holders in the magazines but honestly- they are just NOT me.

Here is my journalling from under the lift up flap.
I just have to wait and see what challenge 3 will be- that hasn't been announced yet.
Have a great Sunday!
Love Janine xxx

3 comments:

Francine Burgess said...

wow love that room double layout...lol well done..

Anonymous said...

these alyouts are fantastic..i have a similar dream..i have the room now but no storage..just chaos!!

Kim said...

Love the layouts! Just gorgeous!!

By the way - I've tagged you :)