Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I bought a LOTTO ticket today!

Yes, Adam and I feel very lucky today. You know, they say things happen in threes- well today was very nearly number three.
Adam was driving to work this morning. He was in the right hand lane waiting for the lights to change so he could turn right (from Ennis Ave onto Patterson Road- for any locals!). Anyway the light went green and he started to take off, then looking right, he slammed on the brakes, a car coming from his right had gone straight through the red light and missed the front of Adam's car by about 30 cm but slammed into the car to Adam's left. Adam immediately rendered assistance to the lady in the car hit. He said she was elderly and he looked after her until the ambulance arrived. He even took off his jacket and placed it over her to keep her warm- what a sweetie. The driver of the other vehicle (the one that ran the red light) was a 'L' driver who had no other people in the car (what the???) Adam said she was very distressed.(well- yes!) She had just dropped her boyfriend off at work and was heading home. Get this- this young girl with no license, who ran a red light was only wearing lacy knicker and a jumper!!! (another- what the????)
Adam was completely uninjured- hence me buying a LOTTO ticket! He was distressed but very pleased when late in the day the husband of the elderly injured lady came into his work and returned his jacket and also informed Adam that his wife, although still in hospital, was going to be fine- very badly bruised and shaken up but she will make a full recovery. Thank goodness- remember- if you wear lacy knickers- wear SOMETHING over the top- you just never know!!!

Thanks Mel for checking further on Adam's brother Brett- as to whether his foot will need a skin graft- the doctors are going to wait and see. If the swelling subsides enough to close the skin over, they will. If not, then they will have to do a skin graft- it is a wait and see thing.

On the scrapping front- I haven't quiet finished my LO from Kim Archer's class- I will upload it as soon as I do! - promise! I had a blast but! Thanks Kim!!!

Anyway,
Happy scrapping and cross your fingers that my LOTTO ticket wins- LOL!

Janine xxx

By the way- no one has taken up my FIRST, FIRST, LAST challenge yet - come on you slackers- I'll keep the surprise for myself!!!
If you are not sure what I'm talking about- see a few posts down!!! Come on- show us your early work!!!Go on- I dare you!!!!

1 comment:

Mel Diener said...

Wow Janine, what a close call. How scary would that have been. I've learned to always scan the traffic at lights before I trust that it's safe, and lucky your DH did the same. That poor elderly lady too. lol @ the young girl in her knickers though...how embarrassing.