Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hi ho!



Well, here is my LO for the next round of the Chookscrap's Survivor competition. If you had asked me this morning how I was going with it I would have just given you a seriously panicked look!!! However tonight, I have finished it, I'm unstressed about it AND I'm happy with it! What's going on I hear you say-????

Let me fill you in....

This morning I knew that this LO was due but I also knew that both the girls had games of t-ball to go to and both had an acrobatics class to attend so my scrapbooking would have to fit in and around their active social life!!!!

After t-ball, I madly ran around like a chook with her head cut off, doing loads of washing, cleaning up, feeding kids etc but just as I was about to shoot out the door to acrobatics with the girls, I got a phone call from my friend Kim. She had just witnessed a car accident and she would be late for acro, could I please let her girls know- yes, not worries! The car in front of her had pulled out right into the path of another car, causing that car to roll. Luckily no none was seriously hurt in this accident.

However that phone call got me thinking.....

What if the car that had pulled out had of been Kim's or she had been the car that had been hit- how quickly life can change.

When I got home from acrobatics, I spent TIME with my girls. TIME tickling them, laughing with them and playing with them- and if my LO didn't get finished- well so be it!

I decided that I wouldn't start my LO until Adam got home and when I did start it, it fell in to place so easily AND I actually like it!! LOL!!!

Maybe it was a higher force telling me to focus on the important things and worry less about the non important things- I don't really know. All I know is that I'm very happy that I have a happy, healthy family and that the safety of my friends (and their families) is really important to me. Kim- I'm so pleased that it it wasn't you in that accident IYKWIM-

Please, everyone safe and take care and remember to focus on the big things in your life , not the little, unimportant things!

Love Janine xxxx

3 comments:

Julie said...

Page looks good Janine. Good luck with the comp round.

I too am glad that Kim is okay.

Kim said...

Oh geez thanks Janine (and Julie). I read this post last night and you nearly made me cry :)You are so right, things can change so quickly and the little things are just so unimportant! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

goodluck with the comp janine..your page is stunning..and i love your thought process!!!