Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Home but sore.

I went into hospital on Monday for a minor operation to have an umbilicus hernia repaired. I had to be at the hospital at 7am and had to have fasted from midnight. I actually had my last drink of water at about 9pm the night before. After being checked in and shown my room, I sat and read scrapping magazines and watched the tennis on TV for a few hours. About 1.30pm the nurses came and gave my my ever-so-sexy backwards gown to wear and these divide (NOT) stockings that I had to wear (it is to prevent thrombosis). They told me that I would go to the operating theatre about 2.00-2.30pm. So I waited and waited. Eventually a nurse came and saw me at 4.30pm saying that the operation before mine had caused a delay and I was finally wheeled off to surgery at 5pm. I had a drip inserted and the last thing I remember is the anaesthetist saying 'This will make you feel sleepy'. About 6.30 I woke up in recovery but was fairly out of it still. I don't remember much of what the nurse said to me!
I was wheeled back to my ward at 7pm and by then was feeling very nauseous from the anaesthetic. Adam arrived about the same time and sat with me while I recovered. At about 9pm when the nausea hadn't stopped I was given an injection of something and wow-oh within 15 minutes I was feeling good. I now wanted to go home but the nurses said 'no'. Eventually at about 10pm they agreed to ring my doctor and if he said I could go then it was OK with them. He said yes and I arrived home about 10.30pm- sore but happy to be home.
Yesterday my wonderful Mum was still here and she made the girls and I breakfast, did all the cleaning up, a load of washing, then made us lunch and even made our dinner before she headed home about 5pm. My Mum lives in Bunbury, just under 2 hours away. Mum- you are a gem!
By about 7pm last night, I realized that I probably hadn't rested as much as I should have and my stomach was extremely painful so I took some panadol forte and headed off to bed.
I'm still very tender this morning but will take it easy. I actually scrapped yesterday- a double page LO but it needs the journalling finished so I will do that today and upload later.
Anyway-
Happy scrapping
Janine xxx

1 comment:

Kim said...

Take it easy over the next few days Janine and remember if you need ANYTHING I'm only a few minutes away - even if it is just someone to have a coffee with.