Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Heeelllloooooo!!

Hi all,
I know I am beginning to sound like a stuck record...but..... I've been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!!

I'm not really into Halloween but my girls were invited to a birthday party on Friday night and it was a Halloween party- so....we went and we had a GREAT time!!!
The Mum of the birthday boy got right into it- the house was decorated, the games and the food was all 'Halloween' related and everyone had a ball!!!
I took photos for Sally but as you can imagine I can only put a few up here as most of the photos have other people's children in them!!

Emma went as a fairy because she really didn't want to go as something scary- cute isn't she???

Sarah went as a witch!! She's cute too!!!

Sarah and her friend Issy!

The birthday boy's Dad & Mum- how cool are their costumes!!!

The party was meant to finish at 9pm but we didn't get home until after midnight!!! Great party but it left me running short of time for Saturday!
We had Sarah's birthday party on Saturday afternoon and when I woke up Saturday morning I still had a heap of things to get organized.
Fortunately I got everything done just in the nick of time and we took a gorgeous group of girls to Penguin Island for this beautiful girl's 11th birthday party!

Sarah has the best group of friends- honestly she has- they are all gorgeous!!

We went to see the penguins when we first got there- oh man those penguins are so darn CUTE!!!

After we saw the penguins I got the girls to help me with a mini album I'm making for Sarah. I'll post this later- once I've finished it !!!
We then played the 'Chocolate' game- what FUN that was!!!
We then ate, had cake and played on the beach!

It was a lovely day- far too short but lovely!!

When we arrived back at the mainland Kim, Lian, Sally and I (with a heap of kids in tow) went to the yacht club for a wine or two!!! Yet another great day!!!

Sunday was a great day too. We went to a family reunion down at the Rockingham foreshore. The weather was beautiful and the company was wonderful (about 50 extended family members!) And again- another great day!!!
I just want to share this photo from the family reunion- this is Emma with her cousin Fraser. Fraser was on his knees and he is still taller than Em- LOL!!!! We all had a fabulous time and the kids especially had a ball!!!!


By Sunday night we all had an earlyish night as we were well and truly exhausted!!!

Sarah had inter school sport's carnival on Monday and then again today. I was very proud of her as she did well. On Monday she came 4th in the A division 400m and came 6th in the A division shot put!
Today she came 6th in the A division 200m, 7th in the A division 100m and then.... one of the SOTS year 6 girls pulled out of her 100m race so they put Sarah in- she came FIRST in the YEAR 6 100m D division- she was stoked!!!!!
Unfortunately the weather turned nasty and the carnival was cancelled at lunchtime so she didn't get to compete in the 100m relay or the leader ball. Never mind- she came home one very happy girl!!! Proud Mumma!!!

Yesterday I went out to lunch with a wonderful group of girls for the Melbourne Cup. We went to Betty Blues and it was a fabulous day- any excuse to get dressed up, eat good food, drink wine and be merry!!! I didn't take my camera (shock, horror) but Marlene did so I'll nag her for the photos she took!!! When Adam got home from work he informed me that I had won the sweep at his work- woo hoo- $70- yee haaa!!!! And again- another great day!!!

Before I go- the Made with Memories blog is now up and running!!! Woo hoo- not long now until the grand opening- November 29th- mark it in your diary if you live close!!! Oh- I'm really, really looking forward to this new shop opening!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Also- you may remember I was offered a guest DT position at Scrapping Outback. Well I've been busy!!! This week I provided the card challenge! I based my card design on Sarah's birthday invitation that I made a week or so ago.
Here is the sketch-

And here are my examples-





If you have some spare time, make a card or two and enter the challenge!!! Go on- it is easy, uses up your scrap scraps and it is FUN!!!!!!!

Anyway, I must go- I have a scrapbook whisper to get finished!!!
Have a great day!!!
Love Janine xx

3 comments:

peata said...

great cards.

making mini albums
mini album blog

On my way... said...

Love the cards! And of congrats to the girls for their sporting achievements :D

xx

Wendy Smith said...

love the halloween photos...gorgeous outfits and makeup