Sunday, October 05, 2008

Hello all.

Warning- long post ahead- grab yourself a coffee!

Firstly, thank you for all your messages about Chloe. Adam bought Chloe for me not long after we were married. Our poor Chloe-girl hadn't been well for a few weeks, however this past week to 10 days she really deteriorated. Her tummy had become swollen and she began to lose weight. She wasn't eating properly either. I made Adam take her to the vet as I just couldn't do it. Adam took her Saturday morning and the vet wasn't really sure what was wrong with her. He told Adam that he could do some x-rays etc to find out, as some of the things he thought could be wrong were very treatable. He did warn Adam however that it was risky putting a dog of Chloe's age under anaesthetic. The only other option was to put her to sleep. Adam agreed to Chloe having the x-rays etc as we didn't want to lose our Chloe-girl.
The vet said that he would ring Adam back about 2 -3 o'clock to tell him what they had found out. Adam had to go to work and I couldn't stand hanging around waiting for the vet to ring so I made a last minute decision to take the girls to the movies. We went and saw Wall-E. It was very good, just the distraction I needed.
Unfortunately later that afternoon Adam got a call from the vet to say our Chloe-girl had died while being anaesthetised. The vet also told Adam that they had found a cancerous tumor in her tummy and had she lived he would have recommended that we put her to sleep anyway.
I had the very hard task of telling the girls that our Chloe-girl, whom they had know for their entire lives wasn't coming home. It was so hard.
Adam bought Chloe's body home a few hours later and we buried her in our garden. Sarah picked flowers for Chloe and we cried some more.
Last night I scrapped this LO for my girl and I felt much better for doing it. The photo of Chloe is one I took yesterday morning before she went to the vet. She was such a beautiful girl and we will all miss her terribly.

This LO also fits -
J9. Take a photo TODAY (the day you intend to do the LO), scrap the photo straight away and include the word TODAY on your LO.
I have also finished -
J1. Scrap a non-layout i.e. card, note book, mini album, off the page item etc.
I can't show you more than a sneak peek as this is a product challenge for SM. I was sent the most gorgeous Maya Road mini album, a tin of delicious chippy shapes and some yummy fabric flowers- so...if you want to see this album you will have to wait for SM Vol 10 No 11.
I had also finished -
K5 Create a layout about a holiday in the past (not photos taken after the start of this challenge) however whilst I was photographing it, I felt it lacked something so I'll tweak it tonight and upload later.

Okay- here is my week 7 LO for Scrapping Outback's Chipboard School. Sadly this is the last week. I have thoroughly enjoyed ALL of the lessons and this week was no exception. Our teacher this week was Ingvild Bolme. We had to do the torn edge effect and use the 'crackle' technique on our chipboard. Here is my LO- I'm very pleased with how it has turned out. I must give some credit to Kylie- I studied the LO she scrapped for me as she does the torn edges technique brilliantly -thanks Kylie!!!

A close up.

You should really go and check out all the LOs over at Scrapping Outback's Chipboard school- they are amazing.
Some good news- my LO 'Always' - won week 6 at chipboard school. Woo hoo!!
In other news- Adam's brother and our nephew have been staying with us this weekend. Garth and Jaymin arrived Friday afternoon. Jaymin was racing in the BMX Sate Championships in Cockburn. This afternoon the girls and I went to watch him race. (Adam was at work again). We got there just in time to watch the finals. Jay races 'Cruisers' and 'BMX' and was in finals for both. We were thrilled to watch him come second in both finals so now he is second in the state for both bike types for 15 year old boys- woo hoo. I took some photos of him with his trophies tonight- I'll upload them later- the trophies are HUGE!!
Talking about photos- I have joined in with the photo challenge over at the Fiskars blog. You have to take a photo every day for the month of October. So here are mine so far-
Day one- these two dangling things hang from my lamp above my scrapping area. Emma gave me Betty Boop and Sarah give me the Diva crown.
Day two- this very cute bear was given to me on Thursday. I went out to lunch with my friends Linda and Ellen (and Linda's and my kids). 'Hamilton the Bear' was a late birthday present. He really is very cute!
Day three- Sarah trying to get her not very cooperative cousin, Jay, to smile for the camera. Can you see the piggy tails in his hair- my girls did that to him!!!
Day four- The flowers Sarah collected, that we used to mark Chloe's grave.
Day five- Linda and Ellen not only gave me Hamilton the Bear for my birthday but these glorious flowers- they are opening beautifully so I just had to take a photo.
Boy - are you still reading??? If you are -well done!!
I'm off to tweak that LO.
Remember to cuddle your loved ones- including the ones covered in fur!
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

p said...

love the butterfly layout, really looks like it is flying out of the rip.