Monday, August 25, 2008

Chipboard School.

A few weeks ago I followed a link from Nicole's blog to Scrapping Outback. Scrapping Outback were taking enrolments for Chipboard School so I signed up!!! Last Tuesday was the first roll call and class. Our homework is due by 11am tomorrow. I have dutifully done my homework .....but, what a gumby I am....I only registered for the forum, not the gallery....so I am unable to upload my homework tonight as my registration for the gallery hasn't been accepted yet!!! OMG- stress...first lesson and I may miss the deadline!
I am going to upload my 'homework' here as the rules state I am allowed to upload entries on my blog so ...
TAAAA DAAAA
My week one Chipboard School homework-
Our first lesson was by Sandra Gerdes and it was on “How to graduate colour on chipboard”

Here is a close up on mine.
I used three colours of ink - rocket red, rose coral and moonlight white and then embossed the letters with a holygram sparkle embossing powder. I was really pleased with how it turned out- I would definitely use this technique again!
I can't wait to call 'Present Miss' at tomorrow's class and see what we are doing!!!
While I'm here...
Over at The Boxx, some of us are involved in a 'Whisper'. Today we were able to upload our #3 whisper... so this is mine!
Go over to Scrapboxx and check them out- some of them are just awesome!!!
In other good news, both my girls got their results from their tap exams today and I'm thrilled to bits to say that they both achieved a "High Distinction". One proud Mumma here!!!
Sarah performs tomorrow at the Performing Arts Festival, playing her clarinet. Fortunately two of her gorgeous friends are playing in the same session so Marlene is taking Sarah with her- I'll be at work. I shall let you know how she goes!
Must zip, I've still got a squillion things to do before I head off to bed-
Stay safe,
Love Janine xxx

3 comments:

On my way... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
On my way... said...

Gorgeous layouts Janine! You're right, the graduating colour is so effective, must try that...

Oh, and sorry about the deleted post above...spelling mistakes really irk me :P

Nicole said...

Thought that the Janine on SO was you.

Absolutely ADORE this page. the colours, the photo, it's screaming to be published. Yeah wish I able to get those things happening. LOL

Thanks so much for coming and playing along. hope you have fun with my class next week.

Nicxx