Sunday, June 01, 2008

Wild weather and a scrapjack!

Wow- Perth was hit with some crazy, wild weather yesterday. Here in Rockingham, there were trees and fences bought down, at least one roof was torn off and bins (in Port Kennedy) were thrown all over the place! The girls and I braved the weather to get hair cuts and then the girls had acrobatics....I can tell you, as soon as that was over we came home and stayed home!!!! Great day for being indoors!! Poor Adam, due to the nature of our business, (we own a communications company) he had plenty of call outs due to lightning striking and damaging telephone systems. So....he and his staff were busy, busy, busy yesterday. No damage to report here, just leaves, small twig branches and junk mail blown all over the place!!

Yesterday afternoon, I cleaned some more! YAY!!! Several more cupboards sorted and cleaned and my wheelie bin full again!!!
I did actually sit down and scrap last night- I realized that May's scrapjack was due at midnight last night so ...taaa daa....here is mine.

We were able to scrapjack Dee Heath this time and I really enjoyed creating this LO. Thanks Dee!!! This photo is an older one I found of Emma- this is at her 5th birthday party. I hired the most amazing face painter ever- RosieO - I would highly recommend her for birthday parties!!!

This afternoon the girls and I are going to visit Dad. Adam has driven to Bunbury to deal with some family issues- yes, my younger brother AGAIN! Brad (my older brother) is in Bunbury already. He went down on Friday to stay with Mum. I so hope things start to calm down and level out soon.

Hopefully your weekend is sailing along smoothly. We have a public holiday tomorrow so I hope to get some more scrapping and cleaning done.
Have a wonderful day!
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
Glad to hear you weathered the storm fine, pretty scary it was, lots of damage to West Busso but thankfully we didn't cop it here, great news about your Dad and not so good for your Bro, hope things get sorted out there for you all. Take care, Trace.