Sunday, June 08, 2008

I'm married to a forty year old!!!

Yes, today my wonderful husband turned forty!!! Happy Birthday Honey!!!! I met Adam when we were both 21 so we are getting close to have known each other for half of our lives- scary!!!
Due to "life" we didn't celebrate properly. Adam's Mum and Dad are on a round the world, three month holiday, my Dad is still in hospital, Mark is still not well and Mum and Brad are back in Bunbury so we decided just to celebrate quietly for Adam's actual birthday and then in a month's time we hope to celebrate bigger. (I'm 40 in two months so we thought if we have a 'party' in a month's time, it can be a combined fortieth- IYKWIM)
Anyway I couldn't let today go by without a photo of the birthday boy and his cake!!

I bought Adam a vintage motor bike, a Bantam, for his birthday, unfortunately it's not here yet. Dad is in a vintage bike club and helped me get the bike organized however with Dad still in hospital, things didn't quite work out... so Adam will have to wait a few weeks for his bike. I have told him it is coming and he is absolutely stoked. Hmm, I'm nearly tempted to get my motor bike licence so I can ride it!!!
Mum and Dad bought Adam a woollen underlay for our bed- we put it on bed last night- WOW- it is so comfy!! LOL- I benefit from that present as well!!!!
Adam had a very quiet start to his birthday this morning...it was just he and I!!! Woo hoo!
Emma's friend Kira had her birthday back in April however due to Kira's Grandma being quite ill, Kira's sleep over for her birthday was put on hold...until last night. I dropped Emma off at Kira's house about 1:30pm esterday and I didn't see her again until about 3:30pm this afternoon. She had a ball- they made jewelry boxes, they rode bikes, they rode Green Machines, they made pancakes from breakfast and they even went boogie boarding at the beach!! Emma came home saying it was the best birthday party ever!!!
After I dropped Emma off at Kira's yesterday, I went to pick Sarah up from Grace's house however Sarah and Grace had convinced Marlene to let Sarah sleep over ....so I came home childless!!!
Adam and I enjoyed a quiet night at home together. In fact it is the first night EVER, since having children, that we have spent the night and home without kids and without going out. We enjoyed take away, wine and some movies. Well... I watched the first movie by myself while Adam watched the football (grr Eagles). I watch 27 Dresses. I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Adam and I watched P.S. I Love You together and boy oh boy was it the most wonderful movie- I bawled but it was the best movie I have seen in ages- I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. I loved it so much I'm going to buy myself a copy of the movie- fantastic movie and very emotionally motivating.
The rest of today (without kids) I cleaned!!! This time my en suite got the once over! The rest of the house was dusted, cleaned and vacuumed, two loads of washing were washed and I even cooked a roast dinner for Adam (he did help with this- what a sweetie!) Dinner was scrummo yummo!
Okay- let me go back to Sarah- she has been offered a place at Iona!!! Her interview wasn't really an interview. When we got there on Wednesday, there were about 12 or so girls with their parents and the principal spoke to us all as a group. The girls had been pre selected and this was more of an information talk. Earlier this year we were required to send in information such as WALNA results and school reports...so the school had already selected these students and Wednesday was merely a meeting and information night. Sarah is super excited and Adam and I are very pleased also. I now have two weeks to pay Sarah's holding deposit!!! Woo hoo!
On the scrapping front I have scrapped a few LOs- nowhere near as many as I would like to have completed however I've been going up to the hospital to visit Dad on the days I don't work so it sort of cuts into my time. Never mind...family is more important. I haven't photographed any of the LO I have done... so I will do that soon- it won't be tomorrow as I work and after school, Emma has jazz and tap, Sarah has Flames basketball training and tap and Brad will be here for dinner and to stay the night as he flies out to Port Hedland on Tuesday... oh man, my life is non-stop!!!
Hmm, I can't think of anything else to say at the moment so I'm off to spent more time with my forty year old!!!! Be happy and stay safe!
Love Janine xxx
P.S. The Parthenon was the building Sarah built for her project- LOL- had she not told me I would have never known either!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

Thanks for visiting my blog. Spent some time checking out yours this morning! Gorgeous pages :) Also love that your girls play basketball - I do as well :)

Maz xx

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
Happy Birthday to your Hubby, welcome to the 40's club, I am sure you will have a great combo party when you have it. Your life is pretty full on ATM, I really hope it settles for you soon. Take care and stay well. Trace.