Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Hello good people,

I so hope you have had a wonderful day today!
Boy did I have one busy day!! I was planning to scrap. I have a LO nearly finished on my scrapping table but alas it is still sitting there. I had put a load of washing on this morning and was putting some clean washing away when I walked into Emma's disaster zone- her bedroom! Unable to get her wardrobe door open properly to put the clean washing away, I had a mini hissy fit and decided her room needed a 'wheelie bin clean'. So for the next 5 1/2 hours, Emma's room was totally overhauled. My wheelie bin is now FULL. I took two large garbage bags of 'stuff' to the Salvos, I have a big pile of things, mainly books, to go to my cousin's little girl and another pile of things that I'll take to my pre primary tomorrow. Phew- Emma's room now looks SO much better and despite the fact that I didn't get any scrapping done, I feel so much better that I did this. Nothing like a good throw out!!! LOL!!!

Valentines Day- Adam was sweet and bought me chocolates- yummo! I was sneaky and snuck a little note and a heart shaped chocolate into the girls' lunchboxes. Then tonight after a delicious dinner I had organized a special treat for the four of us! I cut up strawberries, pineapple, bananas, had marshmallows, cream, heart shaped chocolates and chocolate fondue!!! It was scrummy. The girls thought it was fantastic as the fondue set came with cute little forks to drip your goodies into the chocolate with. I must agree...it was DELICIOUS!!!
We haven't started yet, just waiting for the chocolate to melt. Check out the cute forks!

Chocolate has melted- and we were ready to dig in!! :0)
Y-U-M-M-O!!!!!

Over at Scrap World, they are running a 'calendar girls' competition. You only have to do one LO per month (I can handle that!!! ) Here is my entry for January. I kind of like the idea of of having a LO that covers everything we do in a month- great reference page!!!


No other scrapping to share however I do have some news. Sarah has been selected to play for Rockingham in an Under 12 (girls) basketball carnival this weekend. She is really wrapped because all Rockingham teams are called the 'Rockingham Flames' and she'll be given a Flames uniform to wear!! I'm really pleased that the weather forecast has been amended and it won't be as hot as first thought! I will definitely take my camera to get some action snaps!!

More news- Sarah has been selected as 'Student of the Week' for her class. She has to present a talk about herself tomorrow in class. I would love to be there to hear her and to see what she says! I'm sure she'll do well and I know she'll fill me in after school.

Anyway, must go...it is bed time for me!!!
Stay safe and BE HAPPY!!!

Love Janine xxx

2 comments:

Tracey Bower said...

Hey Janine,
Glad you had a great day and got shown some lovin, when you have a moment I have a shared girls bedroom that could do with the same overhaul, LOL, great layout too, another Mum at school has been telling me all about that challenge, sounds great. Yummo treats BTW, Take care, Trace.

Anonymous said...

You fondue set looks terrific and I love the idea of dipping things into chocoate. What a great dessert for Valentine's Day.

Well done to Sarah for her recent achivements. That's great. I hope she enjoys playing basketball.

Am loving your recent layouts here. The ones you made of the girls in their school uniforms look great. I love the soft colours and designs you used on those, your too clever.

Not good that your mum had her bag stolen. That's dreadful isn't it. Such a shock when something like that happens.

In our neighbourhood we have had 3 robberies in the last week so I am feeling nervous about going to work somedays and leaving the house empty. I have to keep praying our house won't be the next to get broken into. There's just too many "bad" people in the world these days.

So glad you enjoyed the Police concert. It must have been a great night out but unfortunate you ended up not well. I hope it wasn't long before you felt better again.

Bye for now. Have a safe week end and keep smiling. Love from Susan (smiles1965) at Scrapboxx