Thursday, December 06, 2007

'tis the season...

Yes- sneaks up on me every year!!! It is December, the silly season once again!!!

However before I share some of my Christmas things with you...I was tagged by the lovely Petrina ages ago. I keep procrastinating because thinking of interesting facts about myself is HARD!! Back in July I was tagged and just to refresh you -here are July's interesting (???) facts about me. (This is purely so I don't cheat and use the same facts over again-LOL!!)

1. I don't smoke- never have, never will.
2. I have my ears pierced multiple times- 4 in the left ear, 3 in the right however now only wear one pair of earrings.
3. I got my 'L' plates and my 'P' plates on the same day. (3 days after I turned 17!)
4. I once wore a hot pink long dress from an op shop to The Underground nightclub as a dare. Hey -I was 18 and I blended right in-LOL!
5. I still have my teddy bear- given to me as a newborn by family friends.
6. I still fit into my wedding dress. In fact I have been about the same weight (give or take a kilo here or there) for about 20 years. (Excluding my pregnancies!)
7. My middle name is Rae- named after my Dad, Raymond. Both my daughters have family names as their middle names. Sarah Jordan, Jordan being my maiden name and Emma Teri, Terry being Adam's Dad's name.
8. I must be the only living person that doesn't have a dish washer- I wash my own dishes!!!


Today's interesting facts...hmmmm

1. I'm a middle child and only daughter.
2. I wear 3 wedding rings- my own, my Nana's and my Dad's. (My Dad and Mum are still married however Dad's wedding ring doesn't fit him, so I've worn it for about 20 years!!!)
3. I love corn- my favourite is the 'chilli corn on the cob' that I bought off the street vendor in Bali years ago- yummo!
4. I'm not a morning person although I'm getting better. I set myself a personal challenge this term and I am winning. Will elaborate more on that later!
5. I have only ever have one flu in my life. I ached ALL over and couldn't move- nearly killed me-LOL! I've had plenty of bad colds but only one flu. In fact it annoys me when people say that they have the flu when you know they really have a terrible cold.
6. I have a new favourite drink at the moment- vodka and apricot nectar with lots of ice- mmm yummy!
7. Well I'm struggling now- 6 will do won't it!!!

Yay- done! On to some Christmas sharing.

Our tree is up. Our advent calenders are up. The girl's Christmas stockings are up... so I thought I would share.
Firstly- how beautiful are these!!! Both my girls have one of these gorgeous advent calenders. My very talented mother-in-law cross stitched them a few years ago. The girls adore them and it is the first thing they check every morning in December. I fill them with little treats- chocolate frogs, happy hippos, magic elves, chocolate coins etc.

Next - the girl's Christmas stocking. Again my very talented MIL made these. She gave them to the girls for their first Christmas- they came filled however I fill them each year now. I love them and so do the girls.

Now look at this cute little fellow!!! This rustic reindeer was made by my Dad a few years ago- he take pride of place near our Christmas tree. If you look under our tree you will see my gorgeous tree skirt- yet again made by my MIL. Yes- I'm lucky!!!

I haven't put a full shot of our tree up here because this year I bought lots of new lights for the tree and it looks gorgeous at night- so I will endeavour to take a night shot. Our tree is full of decorations that have lots of meaning. Right from their first Christmas I have, each year, bought the girls a Hallmark tree decoration. I add the decorations made at school. My Mum sends the girls a new decoration each year. Friends add decorations too. I even have decorations on the tree given to me by a dear friend, fellow teacher and craft nut who sadly passed away from cancer several years ago. To me, my Christmas tree is more of a memory tree and I LOVE it!!

Thought I would leave you with this- some HAPPY MAIL. This arrived in my letterbox this morning. Foxy Mumma - you're a legend. This is a scrummy surprise from Leeann. I commented on how wonderful her felt decorations were and asked could I get a copy of her templates and this is what she send me- THANK YOU, I can't wait to start stitching!!!

Have a happy day and stay safe.
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,
What a gorgeous tree you have with lots of lovely memories, that is what Christmas trees mean to me also. Glad to see you are getting through the busy time, it was great to see all your homemade goodies from you and your Family members.
Take care
Trace.