Monday, December 24, 2007

Last minute share!

Well, with only one more sleep until Christmas...if I'm not organized now, I'll never be!!! LOL!


I thought I would share a few things from the past couple of days. Firstly sewing- I'm loving stitching things at the moment!!! A while back I bought some Doves of Peace kits through Ngaire's blog. She was making them and donating the money to NBCF, so I bought ten kits! I gave one to Kim (she had to sew it herself!) and the rest I made for family and friends. This one, despite still hanging on my tree with fly off tomorrow to my Mum's.


I decided to jazz up the one that would remain on my tree. Instead of making paper wings, I made felt ones and added lots of sparkle!! I added bells for feet instead on beads! Cute huh?

More stitching. The gorgeous Leeann sent me all the bits and pieces to make these divine decorations. I've added a few personal touches to some- THANKS LEEANN, you're a gem!

This sweet angel pattern is from Better Homes and Gardens. Emma chose the colours and has claimed this one as hers!
Now I'm on holidays so I've been blog hopping a bit! I found this gorgeous tree pattern on Mel Goodsell's blog and just had to make one myself. I think I will need to make more of these and create a little forest.
As well as stitching, the girls and I have been beading. I was at Spotlight and found some cute bead kits in the clearance section for $1.50 so bought a few. I also had some kits that I bought from Kim Archer's shop. Here is Sarah modelling two that she made.

Thought I would throw in a photo of Sarah's Nutcrackers...just because!!

Check out these yummy looking reindeers. The gorgeous Nic Wright made some similar to these and put them up in the gallery of Scrapboxx. I copied except I used raspberries for noses and M&Ms for eyes!!


I thought I would leave you with two photos of our fur babies. Rusty has fitted right in and our old Jack Russell Chloe loves him. It is so sweet to see them play together. I think it has given Chloe a new lease on life!! They even sleep together in the kennel at night- aawwwwww.
I would like to wish you all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and please stay safe, enjoy your day, spent lots of quality time with your family and most of all- RELAX!!!

Love Janine xxx
ETA: We have just come home from Mass at the girls' school, we have the Ginger Beer and Ginger nut biscuits ready to put out for Santa (as he requested when the girls visited him!!!), we have carrots and a bucket of water out for the reindeer and we have heard on the news that Santa has left the North Pole- so once again... have a wonderful day tomorrow and remember "Your children need your presence more than your presents"

4 comments:

Maursie said...

Merry Christmas Janine.
I hope you and your family have a wonderful day.
Love Maursie and Connor xoxo

Francine Burgess said...

wow i love your reindeer and your c=doves,,you have been very busy! merry xmas to you and your family Janine...

Mardi said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Janine.... and I can imagine how beautiful your home looked with all the lovely handmade decorations... they are just beautiful. I was also very excited to see that you created some of my gift tags...
All the best for a wonderful 2008..Mardi x

Melissa Goodsell said...

Your christmas craft items are just gorgeous!!
Wishing you a very happy and safe new year,
Melx