Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We have a dress!!!

We have a dress, a little jacket, a tiara and shoes!!! Wooo hooo!!!!

After much thought and a long phone conversation with Mum last night, I came to the conclusion that Sarah is 9 years old, this is a religious ceremony AND it is in winter! Taking all those things into consideration, I decided to drive to Canning Vale this morning and go to The Catholic Corner. I really don't know why I didn't think of going there earlier as they had a great range of gorgeous Holy Communion dresses. Sarah tried on about 6 or 7 dresses but we settled on the very first one she tried on - just stunning and very suitable for a nine year old's Holy Communion. I loved it and Sarah loved it- I feel so relieved that we have found a dress. It is a little different to the dress I had in mind but once she put it on I knew it was the one- it just suited her- IYKWIM. I also bought her a matching bolero jacket to go over the top in case it is cold. We also picked the most gorgeous tiara from the same shop- hmmm, spent way more money than I was planning but hey she looks gorgeous!! The only thing we didn't get from that shop were the shoes.

Later this afternoon while Emma went to yet another birthday party, Sarah and I went to the shops for afternoon tea and to do a bit of food shopping. As we walked past Betts Shoe Store we spotted the perfect shoes to go with her dress- silver ballet pump type shoes with a small bow on the front. Perfect, yay- outfit complete!!!

The absolute clincher was when she put the whole outfit on for Adam tonight and his first words were "I don't care how much that cost, she looks stunning" (at this stage I hadn't told Adam how much I had spent!!)
So..... tonight I am one happy Mum!!!

On a down note, my girls have both picked up this lurgy that is going around. Both have had high temperatures, barky coughs and runny noses. I have been dosing them up with panadol and keeping up there fluids and we have been soldiering on!!! Hasn't stopped us shopping- LOL!!!

We are off to another birthday party tomorrow. Kim's daughter Emily turns ten tomorrow!! Wooo hooo, Happy birthday Emily!!! The poor little chookie hasn't been well at all this week- I so hope she is fighting fit for tomorrow!! Sending 'GET WELL' wishes your way Emily!!!

Anyway- continue to have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Stay healthy, stay safe...
Janine xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww poor little buggers, Blake has the same, runny nose, seal bark and a temp. so horrible!!!

cant wait to see pics of the gorgeous little outfit :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Janine,
your DD sounds like she is going to look so gorgeous. Make sure you get some photo's :D
I hope your DD's friend is well enough to celebrate her birthday.
Thanks for visiting my blog too...my kids are fine now ;)
Take care
Tammy