Sunday, July 22, 2007

Last day of the holidays :(

Well that two weeks went quick didn't it? Tomorrow is back to school for me! The girls have til Tuesday and then it is back to school for them too, but basically that is it for sleep- ins for another 10 weeks. hmmmm, sighs!

I did manage to take the girls ice skating, as promised. We went on Friday and they had a ball. I skated too and was even brave enough to skate with my camera to get some shots. The girls are already asking when they can skate again!!!



I have some LOs that I can share. This first LO 'PARTY ON' is my Sheree McGee scrapjack for the Aussie Scrapjack site. It is a jack of a LO called 18 years. This LO is Sarah and Emily after Emma's party had finished. While Kim and I were having a wine (or two!) the girls just kept on partying! I had taken the table surround off the table so Sarah wrapped it around her waist as a skirt!!! Crazy girl!!!



This next LO 'Just so amazingly beautiful' is my week 2 entry in ScrapWorld's Back To Reality Competition. It was a back to basics theme (SURVIVOR) and you were only allowed to use card stock, pp, alphas, chipboard, ribbon and a pen. I found it hard not to use ink, paint, rub ons etc


This LO 'Happy # seven' is my take on Kate Mason's sketch over at the SketchesOz site. These three photos were taken on Emma's 7th birthday -back in March.



I got tagged by Tracey during last week too.... so here goes!

Here's the deal:
1- post these rules.
2- each person tagged must post 8 random {hopefully interesting} facts about themselves.
3- tags should write a blog post of these facts.
4- at the end of the post 8 more bloggers are tagged and named.
5- go to their blogs and leave a comment telling them they are tagged.

1. I don't smoke- never have, never will.
2. I have my ears pierced multiple times- 4 in the left ear, 3 in the right however now only wear one pair of earrings.
3. I got my 'L' plates and my 'P' plates on the same day. (3 days after I turned 17!)
4. I once wore a hot pink long dress from an op shop to The Underground nightclub as a dare. Hey -I was 18 and I blended right in-LOL!
5. I still have my teddy bear- given to me as a newborn by family friends.
6. I still fit into my wedding dress. In fact I have been about the same weight (give or take a kilo here or there) for about 20 years. (Excluding my pregnancies!)
7. My middle name is Rae- named after my Dad, Raymond. Both my daughters have family names as their middle names. Sarah Jordan, Jordan being my maiden name and Emma Teri, Terry being Adam's Dad's name.
8. I must be the only living person that doesn't have a dish washer- I wash my own dishes!!!

Ok, this tag has been going around for a while so if you are reading this and haven't been tagged- consider yourself tagged!!!

Must go- I'm half way through a LO that I would like to get finished tonight!
Have a great week!
Love Janine xxx

5 comments:

Tracey Bower said...

Hi Janine,

Great to learn some more about you and awesome layouts you have done. Bummer about the holidays ending, they have gone fast but all good things come to an end and I think my kids are ready for routine again. How lucky are you to have been the same weight all these years, I hope your girls are blessed with that trait. Well have fun back at work.
Tracey.

Mardi said...

Hi Janine... loved reading your tag answers...but I just dont get the dishes by hand thing...lol
Ive had a dishwasher for 25 years...Id be lost without it..
Mardi x

Anonymous said...

wow, always loved your layouts
your girls are really gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Hello

Susan (smiles1965) from Scrapboxx here.

I love visiting your blog, seeing your wonderful layouts and reading your news. Thanks for sharing.

As always your layouts look amazing, your so talented and I get excited to see more of your work. I wish I could make layouts like yours.

The ice skating looks fun, lovely photos as always. Your daughters are so pretty. I used to ice skate many a year ago and enjoyed it a lot. I haven't been for probably 20 years now though!

I too can still fit into my wedding dress (married in 1996). I never seem to put on weight no matter what I eat (very lucky I know).

No you are not the only person without a dish washer. We have never owned one.

Have a great week and keep smiling. From Susan (smiles1965) xxoo

Marie said...

hey your layouts are amazing.