Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back again...

OK- my terrible Monday started out just fine!
Fine until I took the girls to an eye appointment in the early afternoon.An annual check up - nothing major...but while the optometrist was finishing up checking Sarah's eyes he noticed that she had a 'foreign body' in her eye. He inserted some dye into her eye and then even I could see the speck that shouldn't have been there. He recommended that I take her to the hospital to have it removed. He wasn't quite sure what it was but felt that it had only been there for a few days at the most. So... off we go the the hospital. Quite fortunately it was a quiet afternoon and we were seen within an hour. The doctor on duty put a local anaesthetic in Sarah's eye and then used this scary looking large pointy needle to remove the 'foreign body' which turned out to be a metal fragment. Sarah has a small scratch on her eye but other than that she is totally fine. She has to have an antibiotic cream in her eye for the next few days but that's all. How lucky were we that she just happen to have an eye appointment because Sarah hadn't complained at all about a sore eye!
But... while I was at the hospital with Sarah, Adam rang me. His eldest brother, Brett, had been involved in an accident at work and has seriously damaged his lower leg and foot. Apparently Brett was kneeling down and a truck tilt tray fell and landed on his ankle and foot from behind. His foot was crushed, most bones broken and the skin tore from his foot- not nice. He was operated on yesterday afternoon and the last report I got is that the doctors are pretty confident that he will keep his foot. Scary stuff hey. To add to the stress, Brett and Daryl (yes, Daryl is a female- my SIL) 17 year old son Tyler is due to flew out to Gallipoli today on a school trip. He is still going to go but Brett was meant to be the bus driver taking the group to Perth to catch the plane. Adam volunteered to drive down and be the bus driver (he has a bus license) but thankfully someone in Collie was able to step in.
Hopefully next time I blog I can give you some good news about Brett's foot.

Till then, happy scrapping
Janine xxx

2 comments:

Mel Diener said...

Oh no Janine, thats awful news. What a rotten thing to have happened. I really hope that the doctors can save his foot..how awful.

Lisa Harman said...

oh my gosh Janine what a week for you.. I do hope you can have some good news soon and I am glad everything turned out ok with your daughters eye.