Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggerty jig!!!

Let me start by saying- the retreat was AWESOME!!!! I haven't caught up on my sleep or unpacked my stash yet...but I'm working on both!!! I'll do a full rundown of the retreat next post, once I've downloaded my photos and photographed all my LOs etc!!! YAY!

Let me go back-
This gorgeous girl is now eleven!!!

Her actual birthday was pretty low key-

She still however got spoilt with lots of pressies!!!


This was her favourite present!! We bought her the bracelet, safety chain and six beads to get started! I let Sarah select the beads she wanted. She choose a cupcake (for her birthday), a heart bead(for family), October birthstone bead, a dog (for Chloe & Rusty), a music note(because she loves music) and a teddy bear bead(for teddy!). My Mum & Dad let her select a bead too- the angel and my BIL & SIL sent her the flower bead.

We went out to dinner that night- to the Nag's Head Tavern and the girls were wrapped because Adam ordered them a mock tail each! ( I got a cocktail-yum!)

We came home after we had eaten and had birthday cake!!!

I made individual ice cream cakes - and put them on my cupcake stand!!! They were very yummy and the girls had sweets each night for a week!!!

With the retreat, I was too busy to have a party for Sarah before I went so said that she could have a party the week after- Nov 1st. No dramas until I thought that I really should send out some invites before I go on the retreat to give the parents some prior warning about the party- arrrr!!!
So on Thursday night I quickly whipped up Sarah's invites!!! Lucky we have only invited 10 girls!!! I was actually quite pleased with how they urned out- nothing like working under pressure-LOL!!! The card is silver, not grey as it looks in this photo!


The girls had their Sport's day on Friday. I was sad to have missed it however I was thrilled to received a phone call from Sarah to say that she had won all her races. She won the shot put and can third in the triple jump the day before!
So on Monday she was announced Year 5 Champion Girl!!! I'm so proud of my girl!!

Emma had a fabulous day too. She came home with four 1st (team events) and she came fifth in her running race!! Proud, proud, proud Mumma!!!

One last thing before I go-

This ad is in the latest SM (p58). This is the new Rockingham scrap shop- YAY!!!! The website isn't up and running yet- soon according to Ann-Marie. I've been and looked through the window- not much to see yet but SOON!!! Woo hoo- I can't wait!! I'll keep you posted on any new developments!!!

Anyway- I really must go! I have a Jar of Whimsy to sort and send off!!!

Stay happy,
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

On my way... said...

Gorgeous photo's of Sarah, and congrats again to them for their achievements at sports day!

Cant wait until the shop opens....keep me up to date!!!

xx