Monday, July 28, 2008

Still here...

Yes....I'm still alive and kicking!!
Things are buzzing along nicely here. All the after school and weekend sports are back up and running now so there is little time to be idle (sigh).

I did however take a little time out during the weekend to spend time with my girls. We live very close to a nature reserve. Plenty of times we have walked through this reserve however we have never gone so far in that we have come across Lake Cooloongup...so that was our mission on Sunday. The girls took the dogs, I took my camera and off we went. It started out lovely and sunny and we did indeed find Lake Cooloongup, which looks more like a salt swamp than a lake. I had just pulled out my camera to start taking a few snaps when down came the rain. Oh dear, we had no choice but to walk home in the rain. It wasn't too bad, quite lovely actually, to walk in the rain...luckily it was light rain and not a torrential downpour!!!

We made it home safely although a little wet!!! I didn't end up with very many photos because as soon as the rain started, my camera went away!!
Here are a few I did manage...


Once we were home and changed out of our wet clothes, we decided to cook. We made a delicious Sultana Slice and then the girls made some yummy chocolate biscuits.
Here is the recipe for the Sultana Slice - it really is very easy and very yummy.
Sultana Slice
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups SR flour
1 cup coconut
1 cup sultanas
1 egg beaten
1 tablespoon Golden Syrup (or honey)
4 oz butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Melt butter, mix in all dry ingredients. Add golden syrup, beaten egg and vanilla.
Press into a greased tray. Cook in moderate oven for 15-20 minutes.
Ice with lemon icing or sesame seeds.
No scrapping to share as I've been a busy little bee sewing things for a sewing swap that the girls and I are in over at Mel Goodsell's blog. I'm loving all the little sewing things I've been doing- great fun and very relaxing!!!
Anyway must go- time for a shower and bed!!!
Have a great week.
Love Janine xxx

1 comment:

Petrina McDonald said...

...the excitement builds!!!